Looking of teenagers with depression to help with book

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Moro, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Moro

Moro Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm working on a book about teenagers and depression/suicide. I'm a teen myself and I feel that the adults (counsillors, etc) just don't fully understand and if we want to do something about this, we need to do it ourselves. Thats why the book is being written.
    I'm looking for teenagers who would be willing to share their stories with me to put into the book (stories of why they're depressed, suicide attempts, etc). Poetry is also welcomed. If you want to contribute, please email me at davyscuddlytoy@yahoo.co.nz
    Thanks!
    ~Moro
    (**Olivia**)

2. piscessunlibramoon19

piscessunlibramoon19 Member

I'm 21, is that close enough? I have been suicidal since I was 2 years old. I was molested at that age but don't remember much except the pain. I don't know who it was but have my suspects. I sometimes think that's why I have been depressed most of my life. I was made fun of all the time in school; classmates called my sister "Amy AIDS" and joked around about all of us. I never knew why but I did always feel ugly. No matter how many times someone told me how pretty I was, I never believed them. Now I still feel worthless, ugly, and just about every other negative feeling, and the only reason I haven't killed myself YET is I have a wonderful husband and three beautiful kids who always keep me going. I won't kill myself until I KNOW no one needs me anymore.

3. laura's dream

laura's dream Member

Hi
    I will be ok to tell you my story but i don't speak english fluently, that's the problem.
    laura

4. Moro

Moro Member

Its ok if you don't speak english fluently Laura, if you have a story to tell, tell it.

And, picessunlibramoon, can I have your name?

Thanks for replying!
    ~Moro

5. laura's dream

laura's dream Member

I suppose that i must speak in english so i can but it's difficult for me and i need time for that. Say me what exactly you want i tell you about that.
    If you want you can write to this e-mail: guiorne_2@hotmail.com
    That's better.
    peace and love
    Laura

6. dewbee

dewbee Member

there are a lot of teenagers expressing themselves on this site... take a look, i think you will find it helpful...:
    www.allpoetry.com