Looking for a language teacher

Discussion in 'Asia' started by bird_migration, Jun 22, 2006.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Hi, I am looking for someone who speaks Indonesian/Malay and is willing to teach me a bit. I know some of the basics, but I want to learn to speak it at least on simple conversational level.

Anyone want to and can help me out?

2. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

Are there specific phrases you want to learn? I'm taking an intensive summer course in Indonesian now, so I can suggest some phrases but am not qualified to really teach anyone anything.

Or if you want to try to practice writing back & forth here.

Mengapa anda mau belajar bahasa Indonesia? (why do you want to study Indonesian language?)

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Because I have a Malay girlfriend and I want to be able to speak a bit Malay (Indonesian).
    I used to know some of the basics, but the longer I do not practise the more I seem to forget....

4. Musikero

Musikero Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You could get her to teach you. Anyway, the best way to learn a language to continually expose yourself to it, and not just in a classroom setting. Ideally you'd be living in Indonesia where eventually you'll be able to soak it all up. But if you have a Malay girlfriend, that can work as well.