Long Skirts

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by dylanzeppelin, May 12, 2004.

1. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

I have been looking everywhere for good decent long skirts but I haven't had much luck. It seems like it's all about the short skirts that I don't really care for. I was wondering if anybody knew of any good sites with reasonable prices for skirts, it would be greatly appreicated.. peace

2. 0nomat0poeia

0nomat0poeia Member

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I get most of mine on ebay and a lot at thrift stores. I've bought some at shows...they're usually a lot cooler, but they're a splurge for me. I know that they take a lot of time and effort, but I just can't afford to pay more that 30 bucks for anything. Even that is pushing it. :)

I make my own sometimes, too. Get a good pattern or something and it's pretty easy to learn.

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

6. minjeig

minjeig Member

thrift stores are the best. everything is ultimately cheap and i usually find that they have awesome long skirts.

7. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Buy a short or semi- short skirt and make your own funky hem!! It looks fab and even I (the complete and utter sewing moron [​IMG]) can do it well. Failing that, its easy enough to make a skirt out of pants altho that can turn out lookin pretty funny!!

8. The Smiling Frog

The Smiling Frog Member

Not to adverstise myself or anything :D , but my mother and I make clothes~ www.smilingfrogs.com. Our skirt prices start at $20.00. Or you could make your own if you have access to a sewing machine. The easy patterns are pretty simplistic.

Angelica

9. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

10. Shekillsyou

Shekillsyou Member

did you try ebay?

11. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Like others have said, Thirft Shops are the best. I have found tons of really groovy long skirts and hats and necklaces and shirts, pretty much everything for about 3 bucks a peice. PEACE

12. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Gypsy Rose has some nice skirts. There's one from there that i've been wanting to get for months! Another thing you can do it make your own wrap. They're easy to make, and are similar to a skirt. you could also ask someone here to make you one. I got the best skirt ever in TakenbytheWind's swap box! ahhhhh, now i feel like wearing it! :)

13. serra

serra tentacle girl

OMG FLUTTERBYBUTTERFLY

*dies*

did you LOOK at those CLOTHES??!??! they are BEAUTIFUL!!! i want the purple pants at the top..... gawd they are GORGEOUS!

14. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Hey there, I sew and design all my clothing and for other people as well. If you give me an idea for something you want I will make it for you, great prices.
    Email me environmental_junkie@hotmail.com and we will disscus this topic further.

15. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

i found long skirts at Winners....

17. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Hit up a Salvation Army. That's where I've found most of my long flowy, patchy, light-weight hippie skirts. And they're usually only about $4 or so. You can also just buy a long skirt from a Salvation Army and customize it to fit yourself. Do some sewing and make it personal.

18. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

Ross- they always have long skirts these days i've found about 3

19. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

20. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

isn't "hippy" the new fad????