Long Island Ny

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by WillowHill, Mar 9, 2016.

1. WillowHill

WillowHill Members

Hi I'm Christina and I'm 19. My partner's name is Monty and he's 23, and we have a 8 month baby boy.
    We love meeting new people, especially people who can talk about more than what they saw on TV or bought at the store. We are into: eating healthy, nature, anti-consumerism, parenting. My partner likes: wrestling, cars, druming, cooking, gardening. I like: tea, baking, psychology, philosophy, Native American culture and spirituality, thrifting, paganism. My baby likes: cuddling, crinkly things, and more cuddling.

It's hard for us to meet new friends because everyone over by us is busy working (living on LI is way too expensive). Also, the friends we do have spend too much time on their phones or watching TV, or talking about materialistic crap.

We are also looking to visit (move to) a commune /or intentional community some time next year.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hi And Welcome To The Hip Forums.......Enjoy.... :)

Cheers Glen.

3. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Hello and welcome to HIP! :)

Your neighbors here to the north in Connecticut have a high cost of living as well. :(

I've only been on Long Island twice outside of Brooklyn and Queens...despite it being so close. Both times it was to Central Islip for Atlantic League baseball.

[​IMG]

4. mcme

mcme lurker

Yeah, my girlfriend and I always seem to be working or recovering from working. Long Island's a beautiful place to live though, when you have those rare moments to enjoy it. Welcome.

5. WillowHill

WillowHill Members

YES!!! This is my life right now :(

Also, you created your account the same day my son was born.