Lonely

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by The_Walrus, May 28, 2007.

1. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I just forget about it and go off to do something I enjoy, like sitting outside, reading, going online, researching, watching movies, playing the occasional video game or two, walking my dog, gardening, walking around the block, walking downtown, biking, etc.

Just get your mind off of it and do something you enjoy. Alone time is always nice in my opinion. :)

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Try to find an activity to occupy yourself that doesn't involve other people making you happy for a short time.

3. mortes

mortes Senior Member

You're gonna be alone most of your life. When you die, when you sleep, when you do w/e you only have your own mind. Betta get used to it.

4. ethereal

ethereal Member

hey lulso i know how you feel.
    i live in a pretty isolated area and sometimes i find myself at home alone for days on end, with very little human interaction at times!
    it can be hard sometimes spending so much time with yourself, facing the reality of who you are.
    i find solace in quiet activities like reading, making jewellery, knitting, drawing, anything like that, and of course if i get too lonely i just go on the internet and chat on forums like this one :)

5. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I always feel lonely. I don't have many people in my life at the moment. I have been painting a lot to comfort myself. Painting pulls me into a world that allows me to express myself without having to deal with other people. I'm not anti-social, but I have lost a lot of friends within the last 6 months due to them making bad choices.

6. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

find stuff to take your mind off of it. go chat in here it makes me feel not so alone

7. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Sometimes I feel the loneliest when I'm surrounded by people, I feel so detached and aepparated from most people that it makes me feel like I'm not able to relate to people..
    and then when I feel the most lonely is when the distance between me and another, just one specific another, instead of dissapearing, grows and no matter how much closer I get I just feel farther away.
    But that was not the point, I've found to be very productive when lonely, I read, I write, I draw, I think (yeah, that can be dangerious) but we shouldnt be afraid of it, you discover so much of yourself and life and others and if you know how to direct it, you can make youself grow and be a better person, that's what I'm dedicating my alone time to.
    Alone and Lonely are two different things and when it's really really lonely.. well that's why we have the internet :)

8. brack1936

brack1936 Member Lifetime Supporter

Lonliness is a cruel fact of life. It used to hound me for days and still does, to an extent. When I was younger I was lucky enough to have a dog and a cat who were great company. A year later and I had only the internet and people I really didn't want to associate with - so I resorted to the internet and things like cooking and writing songs. Now I seem to have chilled out enough to be able to spend a week on the road with absolutely no human interaction. Lonliness now strikes when I see everybody else with friends and loved ones. Fortunately I like solitude.

9. IzzieStevens

IzzieStevens Member

Is it possible to call someone and just chat on the phone for a bit? Even if it is just for a few minutes, hearing someone else's voice might be comforting.

10. plastic bagism

plastic bagism Member

Go out to your nearest park. Take a blanket, a book, a pet if you have one. Whenever I'm lonely I like to go to the park. Even if I don't meet anyone just seeing dozens of people helps.

Maybe try a bar, too.

11. Riggs

Riggs Banned

Talk and joke on forums.

12. aspirine

aspirine Member

Go to a contradance. you will dance with everyone in the room and meet nice fun people.