Lock Down

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by CrucifiedDreams, May 24, 2007.

1. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

My schools been on lockdown for the last three hours. Starting at two this afternoon, and still continuing, it's now five.
    30 students to a room, shoved in a corner of a room, had to be quiet, 32 degrees, you can imagine, people were not happy.
    I just got out and got home.
    There are still lots of people stuck inside though.
    Apperently someone has guns in the school.
    When they got to my room, they went through all our bags, our pockets, patted us down.
    I knew something was going on when the police started showing up and then lockdown started.
    I've never seen so many cops in my life.
    I'm a little shocked to be honest, nothing like this has happened before.
    No one really knows what's going on yet.
    If anyone was hurt or not.
    It really makes you think. We already have cops on our school grounds at all times, that's their job, and now this.
    I get more and more uneasy.

So there's my story for today... :eek:

2. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Sign of the times.
    Its a crazy world.

3. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

A friend in need is........a pain in the arse?

That sounds nasty Jay, I thought you lived in Canada, I'm sure this kind of thing happens all the time in the states[​IMG] but not Canada surely. I've certainly never had to endure anything like that, apart from when there was a drug raid in the common room at college when I saw someone throw their stash in the rubbish and a cleaner sneakily clean up that mess with a sparkle in her eye. I liked it when crazy meant taking copious amounts of acid, weed and even dabbling in a little ecstasy.

4. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Ha ha ha - I love it when people who are being frisked by the police at school can still sit there and say "oh but its not a police state " WAHHAAAHAHAHAHA hahahahahahahaha welcome to Police state Westworld

Erm does anyone smell bacon? I can smell bacon
    I hope you did the right thing and made pig noises as they searched your classmates
    next time shout out "you looking for a fuckin riot you cunts" !

Click my sig to see some bacon being roasted over hot coals

5. dapablo

dapablo redefining

wtf.. my daughter comes home with a "I had detention for losing my pen", different worlds eh.

hope your okay there, folks looking after your sensibilities ?

6. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Rask. - Oh yeah it happens in Canada a lot too. Yesterday a 15 year old was shot and killed in his school in Toronto - and I think that's got everyone a little freaked too. And schools around mine have has stabings, but not us. We had a bomb threat last year. It does happen here unfortunately. :(

I'm okay, just a shaken. I've never been apart of something like this.

Update on the story, it was just on the news, schools still in lock down. One of the cops who works on campus, put his kit down on the sidewalk, which contained a gun, becuase something was going on across the street and he was going to check it out, when he came back it was gone, so he assumed, someone in the school had it. Right... So if the cop wasn't a dumbass, this could have all been avoided. I'm sure they'll be going through all our lockers either tonight or tomorrow.

What a day. :(

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

man, that's profoundly fucked up. i'm sorry you got freaked out. i live just up the road from columbine...okay, it's in a town south of here, but my old boss' kids where there during the whole thing. one of them had a total breakdown.

8. L.A.Matthews

L.A.Matthews Senior Member

I'm so glad we live in a country where this kind of shit is unheard of.

9. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I can't imagine something like Columbine, I was sitting there for three hours just waiting to hear gun shots. It's all pretty fucked.

Matthews, you're lucky. Most days I feel uneasy in school. Since we got the live in cops, it's only made it worse. I feel like my every move is being watched - and it is. I'm really glad I'm getting out of high school this year, becuase it's getting worse and worse.

10. L.A.Matthews

What?! There's actually cops who LIVE in the school?!

11. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Well. No. It's a high school, no one LIVES there. But we have a cop who is always on our premises and in the school hallways and stuff.

12. mamaKCita

we got cops at my high school in 1985 when someone threw a pipe bomb in one of the hallways. huge damage...then there was the kid who got hit over the head with a ball-bat and lost an eye. then there was the stabbing...but the day care for the teenaged moms was up and running by the time i got there in 1989.

13. L.A.Matthews

...You have cops in your school?:eek:

14. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

That's crazy KC, we've never had it that bad. Some kid got beat up with a lead pipe once, but that's about the worst.

And yes Matthews, all day, ever day.

15. mamaKCita

yup. the metal detector didn't show up until after i graduated in '93...but that was so totally useless, since there were countless ways for someone to bring their weapons in.

16. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

Well we can expect the same here very soon. 20 years behind American trends....that makes us 1987. :(

17. mamaKCita

i think i did mention that i've lived in some pretty scary places...but that wasn't one of them. it was a nice neighborhood in orange county, ca.

18. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I can't imagine having metal detectors, what a pain in the ass.

19. L.A.Matthews

Oh, hey KC! I didn't recognise your new screename!:tongue:

20. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Orange County Girl..........hmmm there's a song there somewhere. :)