Locations in dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by JuliusH, Jul 4, 2019.

1. JuliusH

JuliusH Members

not every time, but many times my dreams will take place in certain landscapes, locations. There’s 5 or 6 environments that have repeated... the dreams are not exactly the same but the places are. Well that is to say I can remember the places better than the events.
    There’s a crappy urban area and the dream is usually how to find a way home and thru the sketchy parts of that city. I could draw a map of it.
    There’s one I call mountain town because it’s a long winding road going up a mountain with a small town along the way. Again I could sketch the buildings.
    There’s a park like property along a railroad track.
    The neighborhood I grew up in only much different.
    A road with a nice town off to the right, sitting in a valley so I can see a lot of it.
    I can close my eyes especially while relaxing and sort of move through these environments, and see details.
    I can’t make a dream happen in one of the places mind you, it’s just I can remember and visualize these places. With the exception of the bizarro version of my old neighborhood, they are not real places that I know.
    Just kind of neat I think.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

same.Ive some mission dreams. dont know what thats all about but probably an internal prison in in, as Im like someone breaking others out of prison. but they dont want to leave and i come and go and try to get them out.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

hell my dreams are so almost totally about locations that i've got half their bus routes memorized.
    most of the intercity rail lines too. and lots of other places none of which are the same as in this universe, though some are close parallels.
    most of my places aren't in or near cities, and about half the time there are no humans in them at all.
    most of the time there aren't any cars either. but there's no one thing i can say all the time there isn't,
    but generally, people, specific persons, even imaginary specific persons, even if they're there, even if i meet and talk to them, which is extremely rare,
    are just almost never as much what the dream is about as the landscape itself.
    the stuff that nature puts there, the stuff that we make, like i said, i can't say anything is never, but cities, cars, individual human persons,
    all extremely rare and less common then places and things in places other then people.

when there are people, they're like background stuff, off in the distance doing their own thing without any sort of interacting with me.
    almost never, again almost, because nothing is never, but almost never have i ever seen anyone who looks like someone specific from real life.
    of course now, there's almost no one i know from real life anyway. but even when there was,
    i can only think of one or two instances where any of them ever showed up in any of my dreams.

i dream about riding on trains, and buses, all sorts of public transportation, and walking.
    oh i've had dreams in which i was driving too.

i've had dreams that there were individual cats, and several other kinds of terrestrial non-humans,
    which you know, cats are psionic, some other species might be also.

feral cats, shrubery, trees, buildings, physical infrastructure, that's what my dreams are almost nothing but.
    lots of really strange kind of either tiny or maze like houses, and odd little narrow gauge trains, sometimes really small ones,
    just big enough to ride on, and models (of these kinds of trains and houses and landscapes) too.