Living alone makes you become selfish?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by rg paddler, May 26, 2006.

1. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

Well excuse me - i worked hard all day danced with some chicks had a few beers and now i can lie on my bed and watch whatever the fk i like - no-one to answer to.when i lived with a gal it was 'you planning on staying up late?' - 'what are we doing tomorrow?' - 'I want your cock in my mouth' - 'where is kid number 1 - wheres kid number 2' - sorry but i just gave all that shit up - it's just fine the way it is.

But good luck to all the family members out there who feel the need to escape on hip forums

2. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Yes sir, thats my life, I come home to know exactly where all my stuff is, I know my bank account is intact, no one can tell me its there turn for the TV.

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

sounds like you are trying to sell yourself on it?

I like it for a while, but i think it gets boring

4. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Remember what's said bout the number 'one'?

5. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

so...are the kids yours? did you walk away from them? If the kids are yours, remember one thing: they didn't ask for it, nor do they deserve it; :D Please don't be one of those deadbeat dads that don't give a shit.

6. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Lonely is a state of mind and all the voices are keeping me company still.

7. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

thats not selling being attached though - and no I not sell - I only offer.If you have good friends - you can also remain aloof with female friends instead of being 'spoken for' - then it's a little painful moustache theme park of adventure

8. seamonster66

One can only remain aloof with females for a period of time without before either one gets you, or you become the old guy at the bar with the rehearsed lines

9. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

no - i lived with a mother of two first to see what i could be in for.alot - but

Not my cup of tea.But i'm not saying everyone should be on their lonesome - just saying me was not one who was meant to carry on the popular wheels of human pro - er pro - er prostitution NO pro - fkn - pro - procreation!! - far too irresponsible plus babies crying would drive me absolutely insane

10. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

is not true - well yeah true to a certain extent,but theres always women who have rehearsed lines too.What - you gonna sign all of us old people off? is there no hope for an old single guy? not if he's fkn lookin and she's lookin

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Yep there is a place for bar flies in the overall scheme of things.

12. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

well then...you are doing a good thing. :D

13. seamonster66

no, just givng you some thoughts.......

I'm alone all summer, and i like part of it, and dislike the other. I the end I'll be happy when it ends...left to my own devices a little bit too much...plus the woman I'm with doesn't prevent me from doing much that I want to do

14. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

shit - i should be more argumentative then that discussion wouldn't have ended so soon.So - out of the rainbow whats your favourite? fluffly clouds or purple.

no - but christ i'm 33 - i should be married and carrying on the family name - theres no-one left according to my mother - my brother had an autistic son. - see the hard line perception - thats not me - it never occured to me - but my mom told me this the other night.I really like Kal - yeah he's autistic and apparently he'll never make a girl pregnant - not for physical attributes but mental - well i wouldn't say thats 100% definate,cos he still functions like any other guy
    but it's like I almost feel bound to carry on the family name
    should i forget about it? whats in a name?
    or should i - the other?

15. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

If you aren't ready to be serious about life, then you are by all means doing the right thing; it would be selfish to hook up with someone at this point in your life when you know for certain that you aren't ready. :D

16. dhs

dhs Senior Member

that is what I hope for in a relationship. I'm open to being in relationships, there's a lot to enjoy in them, but I also know that I can be very selfish and want to do my own thing - going to shows with friends sometimes on hard drugs, going skiing like a mad man followed by fairly excessive apres ski partying. These are things that I'll probably always want to do quite a bit of I'm guessing because at 30, I really haven't slowed down to much in either of these pursuits.

17. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can see that would be agony- i feel for you :D
    S

18. lynsey

lynsey Banned

being an only child makes you even more selfish d: I've lived alone and it had no effect on me as there is no way I can possibley become more self-centered

19. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

it makes me content.

20. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Amen sister!!!!!

I am technically not an only child....but I was 14 before a sibling came into my life, so I already had all the personality traits.

Alone is OK....most times....