liver cleansing diet.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by flowerchild23-91, Apr 7, 2007.

1. flowerchild23-91

flowerchild23-91 Member

i was thinking of going on a liver cleansing diet i was wondering if any one here had gone on it and if it was any good. The book that it is in is by Dr Sandra Cabot.

2. MamaGoose

MamaGoose Member

I was told recently that eating nothing but one kinda of easliy digested food for a minium of three days cleans your whole body of toxins (it was recomemended to me to do grapes) eat nothing and drink nothing but the one food.

That is more of a fast than a diet but who knows....also i haven't read the book you mentioned so this may be totally off what you are trying to do.

Good luck

3. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yes, I am on one.... I wake up, drink unsweetened cranberry juice, take psyllium husks, drink hot lemon water- for breakfast I often have smoothies with berries, whey protein powder, and flax oil. For lunches and dinners (and in between) I have one more fruit serving, all I want of fresh veggies with an emphasis on ginger, garlic, parsley, onions, broccoli, greens..... I do eat lean meats. I eat no salt, no sugar, no gluten and use lots of beneficial seasonings like cilantro, cayenne, coriander, cumin, dried mustard, apple cider vinegar and others....

I take milk thistle and dandelion root, as well as B vitamins, calcium, a multi vit., vit. c and magnesium... but I never take the magnesium and calcium together.