live dead

Discussion in 'Music' started by MagnanimityMan, Jan 16, 2005.

1. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

godddd damn... =)))))) IS THERE ANYTHIGN LIKE IT IN THIS WORLD?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! just listening to terrapin station... and this feeling is indiscribable... they do it to me everytime. it's in my head all day, or on my stereo or computer whenever i've around the dorms. where would we all be without live gratefuldead? jesus christ. qe9ir7hqn3grlikhjsenl/ the emotion.... it's so damn beautiful. =(((

2. methos

methos Member

Yea I know exactly what you mean man. Live Grateful Dead can induce many emotions. For me when I'm having a bad day there is nothing better than some live dead to cheer me up. Haha after reading those lines from eyes of the world in your signature I had to put that song on, i'm listening to it as i type this.

3. Mrpalmers$1000?

Mrpalmers$1000? Member

im listening to Dicks picks volume8 right now

its amazing, acoustic first set, electric second
    and also i love the 5/7/77 5/8/77 shows at cornell and that run they are somethin else

4. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

No doubt about it, the dead have "made" more of my days than anything else. Sometimes I can't help but dance while listening to it at home or in the car.

I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite year is? I think I'll have to say 77 is my favorite year, followed closely by 72 and 74.

And of course I had to change from "live phish" to "live dead" after reading this thread.

So, I just put on 2-18-71....I absolutely love this show! lots of firsts! first bertha, loser, greatest story, and johnny b goode. then dark star > wharf rat (also a first) > dark star....finally the show ends with a great st stephen > nfa > gdtrfb > nfa

On that note, anyone trade shows?

humandraydel

5. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

My first dead concert in 6th grade, first day i saw phil, bob, mickey, first time a smoked Herb, first time i had a fucking awsome time, partying in the lot outside the show before and after, first time i shroomed, first time i bought a peice (little hammer, over sized carb.) And the first day of the rest of my life.......
    No there is nothing like LiveDead in the world.

6. FloydFollower5

FloydFollower5 Member

The acoustic version of "I know you Rider" is awsome, same with St.Steven on Vol.8 DP