Little papier mache sculpture

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by Ethel, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Ethel

Ethel Member

This little dear turned out altogether different from the original plan, but I'm rather proud of her :)

It's papier mache over a wire frame. The original plan was for it to have legs and a flared-out skirt, but it wouldn't balance right, so she ended up with a solid base that's more stable. The base is a teardrop-shaped glass bottle that's been lying around in the cupboard for years, because the neck's about 1cm across, too small to actually be useful...

The top layer, with the colour, is crepe paper streamers left over from a chakra dancing I went to last year. It was a lot of fun and the streamers were my 'souvenir', so I wanted to do something with them, rather than just chuck them out or leave them lying in a box.

2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Your sculpture turned out really nice!! I Love the colors~your streamers were put to good use :)

3. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

haha that is cuuuuuute! :)

4. filthyfury

filthyfury Member

rad! i made a cemitary diarama with zombies and stuff out of paper mache not too long ago..paper mache rocks