Littering on the earth

Discussion in 'Pollution' started by Sign Related, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

Notice in many cases a cop wants you to litter if they tell you to put out your cigarette when not even near any ash trays?

Yeah, one shouldn't expect to have to pick it back up once it is distinguished since it can just maybe burn still. Plus, one should not have to just get your hands messy with a mashed on cigarette or even then get germy hands once it had contact with the ground.

But why do you think cops allow one their cigarette littering at least?

I thought littering was illegal with no acceptions. Where in the law in the U.S. or in the police task is it written that cigarettes one is allowed to litter? And if a cop tells you to drop your cig and put it out, then can you get that cop in trouble with the law for extorting you to break the law?

Maybe one's case can get thrown out or charges dropped if a cop arresting you breaks the law by making you break the law. Maybe by that the cop can get deemed a crooked cop.

And also, what about the biodegradable/enviornmentally friendly stuff... Can one throw it anywhere on the ground in a city since it is says it is biodegradable/enviormentally friendly?

2. turnipgranola

turnipgranola Member

that's an interesting qeustion. I certainly don't have an answer and I doubt any judge would acquit you on that, however you make an excellent point. Littering sucks no matter how you look at it. I live in kind of a crappy neighborhood and I am always picking bottles, cans and cigarrette packs off of my lawn...pisses me off.

3. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i bet you'd get in trouble if you didn't litter your cigarette when a cop told you to. or maybe you are expected to put it out and keep the butt. my dad does it all the time. just pinch the cherry out, and pocket the rest. then i suppose you are still littering a bit of tobacco, but i think the filter is the main problem.

and i bet you could get in trouble for littering a banana peel or an apple core, even though they're biodegradable.

4. student of life

student of life Member

Yeah, my friend pinches off the cherry and then pockets the rest. I respect him for that. I don't know anyone else who does it.

5. Huyhak

Huyhak Member

Rollies, but then the cops think it's something else and do their damndest to go through every friggin' rolly butt thinking they're roaches. I literally watched a cop tear apart an entire ashtray worth of rolly butts. It was funny as hell because I told em' they were tobacco in the first place.

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It'd be entrapment if they gave you a ticket for littering in that situation I believe.

7. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Why would a cop tell you to put out a cigarette in the first place? :confused:

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

It often happens when they want to talk to you...usually means you might go to jail soon ;-)

9. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Oh.
    I don't have much experience with this :).

I've only seen something like that happen, when a few really drunk people got very loud and disruptive in the middle of the night. The cops took them to the station to sober up. Other than that....nope.

If there's something serious, the cops either go to someone's house with a warrant or they catch someone red handed, in which case people usually don't have time to smoke anyway.

I don't think many people have seen the jail from the inside, here.