list of important things

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by Boogabaah, Aug 18, 2019.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

photosynthesis
    and feral cats

my furst love, believe it or not, was model trains.
    by first i mean when i was around one year old. tiny flanged wheels following tiny rails and moving under their own amazing power.
    also scale models of anything. but not of nostelgia but of ideas. odd and unusual construction concepts and even alternative kinds of technologies and infrastruture,
    but expeciallly non-rectangular architecture. creative and nature inspired landscaping, both in miniature and in real life.

are these important things. i think looking beyond the box of the familiar and not taking the rejection of logic and imagination, either as a given.
    the reality that reality owes nothing to what people tell each other, to the pretense of human or metahuman "authority".
    that the unknown being unknown excludes no possibility.
    that reality owes everything to logic and nothing to human ego.

that the absolute binary opposition between goodness and the desire to be feared not be denied, nor obscured for the sake of instant and passing political expediency.
    that we not make gods in the image of our intellectual and emotional weaknesses and illnesses.

that we not injure ourselves by illogical pre-assumptions.
    that we stop inflicting tyrannies upon ourselves by our inconsideration of others, and not just those of our own species.

neutral and impartial mazes, to bring a kind of active peace and refreshment to the mind.

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

the soft part in a loaf of bread
    clean towels
    grapes (never raisins)
    sunset on the beach

3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Dying

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

chocolate
    moss
    homemade gifts
    dog collars
    sand
    johnny cash covers
    potato chips in a tube
    saffron

5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Friendship …..
    upload_2019-9-21_10-25-48.jpeg

6. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

A feeling of self-worth.
    I speak here NOT of currencies of ANY denomination or type,for ALL are merely artificial ways to transfer wealth as perceived by those to whom money=status.
    It doesn't-and never will do.
    Those among you who can play chess,or a musical instrument of ANY type/kind/variety,or even understand what it was that gave Shakespeare such amazing loquacity,at a time ripe for such originality,will understand that it wasn't for the money;in the same way Brunel didn't build bridges just to look at the finished article,nor Stephenson build steam engines to gaze adoringly,nor yet the inventors of such incredible things such as penicillin,the telephone,the spinning loom...and even lesser-credited inventions such as typewriters,post-boxes and even the humble milk-bottle....for ALL these plus SO many more unsung inventions,sprung from just ONE source;namely,that feeling of self belief,of self worth,that powerful,yet usually unrecognised feeling of being MORE than just another organism,of having PURPOSE,even when unsure of exactly what that idea simmering and bubbling at the back of your conscious is actually ABOUT....so you try a couple of small experiments,just to quieten your mind-and Hey,Presto!-you just invented the four-wheel-drive wheelbarrow/screw-top jam-jars/reclining ashtrays/retractable dog-leads,PLUS the tea-bag!

Yes - and ALL because you believed your 'worth' wasn't about money per-se,but was a genuine feeling of your true worth,the 'internal' you,so often held at bay.
    That feeling of restlessness,of an unquiet mind,a feeling of ''I have to try this'',.

.....and y'know what?....You were RIGHT to have that feeling....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

feral cats
    oxygen
    shelter
    water
    sleep
    imagination
    logic
    something to draw or write on
    something to draw or write with
    physical nourishment
    public transportation
    long periods of time without human interference

8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Sausage rolls

9. WOLF ANGEL

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - that's an important, thing to me

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

frequent and inexpensive regional public transportation to and between smaller towns and villages outside of and beyond the fringes of larger urban communities.

(my father perverted the meaning of respect for me, but universally mutual consideration is the morally superior equivalent anyway.
    its only a good thing if it is mutual, and doesn't arbitrarily exclude the uncanny or unfamiliar)

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

thinking your own thoughts
    dreaming your own dreams
    believing your own beliefs.

12. WOLF ANGEL

A good Night's sleep - ah well I guess a good reason for beer :)

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sleep, dreams, time for hobbies.