link to my paintings

Discussion in 'Art' started by shamanstar, May 21, 2004.

1. shamanstar

shamanstar Member

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Very harmonious, how all the colors come together so well. I personally don't like trees, i find it too typical. I like the sun though(in trees), which could be a painting in and of itself. I would stay away from stuff like the painting that is'nt quite finished, and gravitate towards more stuff like trees on guitar, flower, and clouds. The bull's head painting--the one purple triangle really bothers me, but hey, if you like it, thats cool.

3. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

i like ...how all the colours flow, they just blend together, kinda like liquid. and the colours all look amazing together, i want to like dance into the painting(if that made any sence..doubt it) . its all very smoth, like something soft or fuzzy or warm and glowing. yeah, they glow, i dont know,but yeah... i wish i could paint like that.

:D

4. Naren

Naren Member

Wow, I like 'em! Amazing use of colors and neat style! My fav is the one called Clouds :)

5. Ellis

Ellis Member

Those are fantastic! Youre really talented. I just love the first one and the trees on the guitar are great too, very nice!!

[​IMG]

6. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

☺amazing☻

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the one called clouds reminded me of georgia o'keefe's work.

8. smokeythebarefoot

smokeythebarefoot Member

you're, i'm guessing, no stranger to psycadelics. "trees" is my favorite. the redish area in the two trees in the foreground remind me of a womb. as if they're inviting me inside to a place of unimaginable comfort. i can't put it into words as i'm imagining it, but just thinking about being in there is making me feel so damn good. like being on some wonderful drug. thank you for giving me a new place to go inside my mind.

9. Pablo

Pablo Member

I like dancer and tree, theyve got great warm colorful atmosphere to them, and they kinda feel like your looking at something real but seeing it in an odd way. Just what i like art to do :)

10. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You are an awesome artist. I love the wonderful use of colors and the blends you have. You are a very talented human being and I wish you well on anything you ever do in the future...

11. TripAmerika

TripAmerika Member

I absolutely love every single one of your pieces. I'm sorry I don't have anything relevant to say about your artwork, just that I truely appreciate it.

12. AciDude

AciDude Member

Wow, I really like them!, I like the way you mix the colours. Great. :cool:

Farb0_

13. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

I do alot of paintings like this! They're beautiful! What medium are you using?

14. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

OMG they're lovely!!!!!!

15. sushi=addict

sushi=addict Member

yeah . . . what medium are you using? Thanks for sharing your artwork . . . it's very organic!

16. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Absolutely beautiful paintings. They are so light and free, yet strangely intense. I love them!

17. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I love your paintings. Would you call it abstract?? im into that kind of artwork. Personally to me those are beautiful and if i saw one of those i would purchase it. keep up the good work

18. shamanstar

shamanstar Member

thanks for the feedback! i am using mostly oils (trees on guitar is done in pastels). i am itching to get back into painting. i live in a schoolbus and it is hard to get oils set up so that i can work when i feel inclined to work. setting up everything seems like such a chore, so i dont do it much.

soon, though....

19. ruby tuesday

ruby tuesday Member

your art is very calm and soothing i like it.

20. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

smokeythebarefoot--you said just about everything I was thinking as I was looking at the paintings.
    The trees painting is stunningly soothing and beautiful. I like the contrasts you used with the colours.