liking another gay person

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by 037014, Apr 6, 2007.

1. 037014

037014 Member

I am 16 guy and recently came out to another gay person at work. Over the past 4-5 months i have developed an attraction towards this guy. However he is 24 years old; 8 years older than me.

should i act on my feelings and tell him how i feel or say nothings?

2. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Hmm..It depends on how confident you are. I would tell him if I were you, but I know that that would be hard as hell. Maybe there is a way of letting him know without telling him directly. Does he show any form of affection toward you?

3. KewlDewd66

KewlDewd66 Member

Dude, have you considered what may be the legal repercussions, if he (24 y.o.) returns that love to you, aged 16? In California, that would be a statutory rape and he would be facing certain imprisonment, if I am not mistaken.

Unless, there is a legal restriction, why not show some guts and send a few good vibes his way?

KD

4. 037014

037014 Member

how can i send postive vibes bak at him?

e.g. how do i flirt with another gay man

5. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

In my experience, eye contact is everything. That's generally a good indicator of whether they're into you or not.

6. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Kewldewd66 - I don't really think that this guy cares. If you really like someone, you don't want to think about things like getting charged. As long as no one finds out it is okay. Even if someone does find out it is fine, but the stupid law system has to be all homophobic and such

I like a 50 year old guy and if he lived here I would probably end up doing 'naughty' things with him. I know right now that I would ignore the law and ignore the possible consequences of getting caught because I would just want to be with that person so much.

7. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

very easy for you to say, however it wouldn't be you that would get into trouble if you where caught
    S

8. KyndMama07

KyndMama07 Member

the law hardly ever does anything about crap like that. when i was 12 i was raped by a 24 yr old guy. i know this is a super different situation, but they didn't do shit to him when i filed the police report. i know of a similar situation where the girl got pregnant and they still didn't do anything. i'm not saying that it won't happen, but i'd go for it simply because of the slack ass laws we have concerning that.

9. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

well if Andy or anyone else really cares about the other person, then they shouldn't be risking that person ending up on a sex offenders list, simply to have their sexual needs met and that could easily happen if the person is under the legal age now, because everyones so obsessed with it now adays
    S

10. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Well, I'm pretty sure that if someone wanted a good fucking, they wouldn't give a damn about the law. Sex isnt a one way thing you know? You talk about someone sleeping with someone else "simply to have their sexual needs met,". Generally, you have to have two people to have sex and therefore, if I were to hump a dude at my age, he would also have to take into account that he could get caught. He would also have to give consent or whatever. Therefore, it isn't fair to say that I am the one not thinking about safety and the law.

I do agree with you on one point though, Samhain - teenagers these days are becoming pressured into having sex pretty much as soon as possible, which is really sad. I'm not sure if it so much of an obsession, but more just peer pressure. I'm not affected by it - I'm in no hurry to "get laid". Even though I say that, I probably would end up doing something sexual with this person if he were to visit me, which I'm sure won't happen any time soon. I don't even feel ready for butt-secks yet anyway. I care more for cuddling and kissing and stuff more than anal penetration and dick sucking.