Like Lasagne!

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by Moonglow181, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Whenever I make lasagne, I make a huge amount, so I figured out a way to make less of it to not gain a ton here.......

I make the sauce, like I do for all of my pasta dishes........

Buy huge, jumbo shells......

ricotta

mozzarella

Boil huge shells until soft...fill each with ricotta and cover with sauce and bake for about an hour covered...but during the last few minutes, uncover it and cover all with mozzarrela and put under broiler for a few minutes.....

I just made sauce, which i froze, because I will have this sometime during the holidays.....maybe Christmas eve or New year's eve....

anyway, I was thinking of this easy lasagne and wish I could eat it tonight, but will have to wait ......I do not make it too often....

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am the same and I made some over the weekend too and ended up with like 2 trays worth hehe but I'll serve and freeze them and they'll be easy meals for a few months. =]

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im not a red sauce eater. but Ive a nice clam sauce lizzaunia I makes once in a while.. Im thinking of getting this magic pressure cooker thing to make all kinds of food in.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pressure cookers are awesome. =] makes the cracklibg terrific on pork belly. XD

I'm pretty iffy on Italian style sauce too. On pasta itself I can only have minimum as I find it too rich. Lesagne I've never had a problem with and also when cannoloni is drenched then baked in the sauce I love the crunch it has.

2 people like this.
  5. Moonglow181

Hi, Irm...:)

Hi, Orison...:) You have not tasted my red secret sauce...lol
    I could get rich with it....I kid you not....hahaha

Oh, I love linguini and clam sauce, too....with extra garlic.......and parmesan cheese......

Pasta...love it all...

felt jealous of not having lasagna tonight, so I am making elbow macaroni with two cans of drained tuna, miracle whip and chopped up red onion over a bed of salad with Italian dressing.... :D

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I wish I could eat more red sauce but It gives me migraines ..

7. Moonglow181

I'm sorry, Orison...Migraines are no fun....:(