Life Is So Bullshit, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by atsizat9050, Apr 19, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

you rebuke against everything anyone says .. seems like thats all you know how to do from your posts. i know people dont always agree with everything people say but damn ... this is not the way to achieve power.

2. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

But wouldn't you agree money is what you call it power. Money means Power :D

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

you can have much money and not wield power, when the money is gone you are powerless as you were only attracting those to you that wished to use you for everything you had until it was gone and then found that you no longer served any useful purpose to them.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like to think in know what 'bullshit' is. (a crudism, for deception or misinformation)
    but when people say 'life', its not always clear nor obvious, just what it is, that they are actually talking about.

5. It may be. Just think of how celebratory and self-celebratory we are as a culture. But why? Nobody knows if we humans aren't really the ugliest things in the universe. Maybe we're just ugly and then we die. It could be! Then what is all this?

6. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

It can feel like it, when you are uncertain of your life or your final destination.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Life is ALL we have, that we know of for certain. Love it or hate it--up to you. It's very short for us, so get with it. Or leave it if it's too much to bear. I for one am very glad to still be here.

8. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Life is what you make of it.

9. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Life is a journey. Lets make it an awesome journey

1 person likes this.
  10. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Coming from a drunk moment, and a suicidal life perspective:

Life is what you put into your consciousness. Even though I'm a fan of apple products, I despise steve jobs quite a bit, but likely his most famous quote is one that has always stuck out to me

Once you realize that you can truly manipulate the world to your will, whether through evil or good, you have a lot more fun

1 person likes this.
  11. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

What does suicidal life mean. Like you don't care cause were all gonna die anyway kinda thing?

I like it though. Life is what you put in your consciousness. No wonder life is so dull to most people.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

The way I see it is really simple. Life is about getting what you want and need. Some of the wants and needs are basic, as in everyone generally would want and need these things, while some are personal. In saying that, the more things you don't get and the longer you go without them the more you will think life is meaningless and the more likely you will feel all the emotions that come with thinking this, as well as the stronger you will feel them when you encounter yet another desire you didn't get. However, the more things you do get the more likely you will think life is meaningful, the longer you will think this when setbacks do occur (as in you don't get what you want and need), and the more likely and the stronger you will feel all the wonderful emotions that come from getting what you want and need.

For some reason life, the cosmos, whatever doesn't want to give us everything we desire, or maybe it can't. So, I think it's safe to say that no one gets everything they want and need. Instead they get other stuff that make for good sad stories to share with someone they're connecting with. I guess that's the point of us not getting everything we want and need, so we have something to talk about with someone else, to bond over. Or maybe it's a balancing act. In order for someone to have more of what they want and need it has to be taken away from someone else's wants and needs. I don't know. But, it doesn't really matter (It does matter, but whatever) because it seems to me that getting most of what we want and need, and it outweighing what we don't get is more than enough for most of us, despite we all having a sad story to share because of the other stuff we got and having multiple moments where we didn't get that thing we desired. And it seems to me that's how it plays out for most peoples' lives. Of course, we all know that one person that has that cloud following them everywhere they go, life just doesn't seems to want to go their way... ever. Unless you are that person.

Wants and needs do modify themselves over time. I don't think they ever die, though. A want or need can and will change from an idealistic version of themselves to a more realistic version of themselves in order to survive, but it will never go without, be replaced or misplaced, forgotten, nor repressed. Wants and needs are not selfish nor spiteful, but our approaches sometimes are. You have no control over your wants and needs, but it does know best and it is always in your favor.

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I cant believe I just read all this Bollox I don't Know whether life is Bullshit or not neither Do any Fucking one of you ?
    Life Is when you get up in the morning it is there !
    you don't Get up in the morning It is still there but your not in it
    Simples

1 person likes this.
  14. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

What the Cosmos gives us is what we need not necessarily what we want. Its how we deal with it that matters more than anything Life is more than wants and needs there is also a spiritual component, not religious but spiritual in nature. Things happen for a reason but we will never know why until many years later if ever. We need to follow our inner voice if you know what I mean, all the chakras need to be balanced too and most of all we need to become present and aware

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Well, I think our spirituality also has to do with our wants and needs. So, for me it's all interchangeable. I'm a very simple minded person, so I think everything relates to one another, if not it's the exact same thing, and it's fairly straight forward.

Also, I don't believe things happen for a reason. You can't argue that to someone who has cancer or is living absurd living standards. And you can't expect them to do that phenomena we see on TV where someone in a really sucky situation is more positive and wise than the average person. Basically, I don't think it has to do with a lesson learned or because there is something better out there. If anything, I think it's more a series of cause and effect. Maybe that person who has cancer or someone... something that is direct... indirect to them did or even said something to cause all these relatable, but not relatable things to occur, all so this one person can have cancer. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a chain reaction, ripple effect, those invisible lines that beautifully connect all of us together.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people make life bullshit by perpetuating a culture that makes life bullshit. doesn't mean you have to go along with it.
    doesn't mean you have to look at anything the way anyone or everyone else might seem to.
    calling 'life' anything, meaning the living of it, is so broad and ambiguous as to be nearly meaningless.
    probably what really is bullshit, is using the term that way.
    so what does anyone expect from doing so?

the universe is there, to see in whatever way you choose to look.
    it doesn't carry anyone along.
    the human species isn't the center of it, nor the cause of its existence.
    the anthropocentric ego, is probably one of the greatest disservices of religions beliefs.

what is bullshit in life, comes from having expectations.
    from people telling each other to expect things.
    forget about expecting anything, and nine tenths of the bullshit goes away.

there are still annoyances and inconveniences though,
    and these, nearly all of them, have been manufactured by humans for themselves and each other.
    needlessly.

there may always be someone else to bullshit us, but at least we CAN stop bullshitting ourselves.

17. Logan 5

Oh hell. Life's got you down? Nothing going the way you want? Almost like life hates you? I have the answer!

Take a few pills of Fukitall, have a beer, watch some Barbarella and just say "fuck it".

18. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Th OP probably thinks life is BS because he's frustrated in his desires, as you can tell from his other threads.

If he got himself a sexy young woman,or even some real cannabis, he'd probably think life is great.

3 people like this.
  19. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Logan 5

Fuck it. Have a beer.