Life-between-life regression

Discussion in 'New Age' started by Whereismymind?, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Whereismymind?

Whereismymind? Member

I've been reading this pretty fascinating book called "Journey of Souls" by renowned hypnotherapist, Michael Newton PhD. At first he was a conventional hypnotherapist going earlier into peoples lives to solve their current issues; but somehow he fortuitously manged to, in one of his patients, go back in one of their previous lives (If I remember correctly, he asked his patient the source of his pain in his current life and it brought him back to a previous life where he suffered an injury in a battle in the civil war).....from there he fabricated a hypnotherapy method to enter the lives between lives of people (essentially taking people to what happened right after (one of) their previous life(s)).
    The book itself depicts personal accounts of the lives between lives of around thirty people (although he had a lot more patients than that throughout his career). Newton claims, by cross referencing and analyzing each persons account, that there is some sort of general order to the afterlife. Although the way that patients describe the afterlife varies from person to person, they essentially all say the same thing regarding what happens directly after you die (i.e white light, tunnel, Out-of-body experience). Newton also manages to take patients deeper into their life-between-lives (heaven, place of eternal consciousness or whatever you may call it) and has them convey other things that happen there like meeting with your spiritual guide, the soul healing process, and meeting with other spiritual beings, etc.
    Although entirely anecdotal, their is an extreme amount of similarity between peoples personal accounts it really is astonishing. They all essentially describe the same thing that happens when you die....although there is variation depending on how experienced of a soul you are or if you have suffered heavy trauma and don't want to return to the spirit world (a ghost).
    All and all, this is a great read to anyone who is curious to what the afterlife is like.

2. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

There have been a number of people write books vary close to that . There are self hypnosis tapes that take you back to a past life , to re live it and let go any pain , ask forgiveness , or forgive thoes that have hurt us . There is a post on another forum of a guy that had bad headachs and this mark on his head . When he regressed back to a life where he was killed by a axe blow to the head the headachs stopped . I will post a link latter . I asked a guy many years ago if he could prove we reincarnate , he said all he could prove is that the events of past lives have an effect on our current lives . desert rat

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

4. Whereismymind?

Whereismymind? Member

Yeah I do believe there is some relationship between pains in this life to previous lives.

5. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Most people have a health , or other problem in there life , and dont know that it is probly from some event , or belief , from earlier in there current life or a past one . desert rat

6. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

7. O.W.L

O.W.L Member

Light workers supposedly see these past life energy blocks within our bodies. I had a woman tell me I was harmed by men in one of my past lives...and was hung to die. Maybe thats why i have neck problems in this life. interesting to think about.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

sounds like a fun thing to speculate about, but having a phd doesn't make anyone an authority on what goes on between lives.

9. ravi25

ravi25 Guest

Dr. Brian Weiss, a well-established pyschiatrist himself, have written a couple of books on the subject , based on the findings derived on the hypnosis of his patients, after finding that medication and therapy was not helping them much .

Indeed , you can find from the books that most of our present ailments and phobias seems to stem from past lives.

A lady suffering from hydrophobia happened to a young boy who had drowned in a past life.

A man suffering from claustrophobia happened to be a man who was buried alive during some tribal conflicts.

A man suffering from a present stomach ailment , found himself to have died after being stabbed in the stomach in a past life.

I believe that most of the ailments or diseases we get are really psychosomatic illnesses, originating from some karmic events in the past.

10. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

I've had several life between life regressions done by a therapist who was trained by Dr. Newton. They were pretty amazing. I've read all of this books, as well as all of Dr. Weiss'. I have identified about 100 past lives, and have confirmed one with genealogy records.

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That sounds very interesting!

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

in a universe so vast, it seems to me unlikely in the extreme, that multiple lives in succession, would be lived on the same physical world.

13. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Yes and no... many lives happen in many places other than this planet and this physical world, and in many different dimensions, and many more lifetimes than what anyone in this lifetime can remember.. just like you can't remember every single minute lived during this life.

But people usually will remember more lifetimes on this planet because that's what they are use to and can identify with.

If you are one who believes and can accept the idea of life in other realms and dimensions then you are more likely to remember aspects of those lifetimes as well.

In general, most people who are tracing their past lives, go backwards in time, just when tracing genealogy. Remembering details of the more recent is much easier than older and more obscure lifetimes.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

but real past lives have nothing to do with geneology. the body a soul is born into is completely random. belief don't have squat to do with it either. nor am i talking some kind of mumbo jumbo when i say other worlds. i'm referring quite simply to the rather large number of sapient occupied planets, each circling their own perfectly physical suns, even in our own perfectly physical galaxy. in this same physical universe as we are awake and physically alive now. nothing 'meta' or anything else about it.

what is experienced, if anything, between physical lives, is however completely non-phyisical. as is the awareness itself.

memories don't travel well in the absence of a physical media to reside within. something else does. and that something else is completely non-physical.

'regression' my be a lovely fantasy, but has nothing to do with either.

15. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Tracing your past lives is very much like tracing your genealogy. You are looking at from a purely metaphysical viewpoint. It's more than that. You don't have to incarnate as a physical being to have memories.

Regression is simply capturing these memories. It's not a fantasy. It's as real as this life is.