Libertine redux

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by fexurbis, Apr 27, 2007.

1. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I often wondered why is it that, given the fact that libertines are essentially a sexual minority, and that they organize themselves in swinger circles, that libertine reducts seemed virtually impenetrable.

The answer is obvious (but I never arrived at it, explicitly): the taxonomy of male heterosexual libido, in proportion to the demand for it, makes it so that male heterosexual libido is essentially expendable.

That is the case since women libertines are an infinitesimal minority. It's the economic analogy of supply and demand all over again. In fact, swinger communities need to be guarded, and restrict access to excess heterosexual male libido.

2. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Hmmm... interesting.

:grouphug:

3. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Maybe interesting...but it certainly fucking sucks! Oh well, I'm a 30 year old male. I've already given up on the dream of being sexually fulfilled. Perhaps when I return to Brazil (a country where men still exist) I'll reconsider.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

men exist everywhere.

maybe you aren't looking hard enough

what do you define as men anyways???

5. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

I'm a heterosexual male. lol. By men "existing" I meant, men are still acknowledge by women in Brazil generally. Over here I have the sense that I'm invisible. Most women simply pretend I don't exist. It's as if they were encased in a glass bubble and I in another.

In Brazil it is common for women to look, respond, smile, etc. Even if you are a stranger.

6. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

yes, but in north america were taught personal space is best, that strangres are threats and most men who smile at you/talk you up without any rela reason just want to fuck you and dump you

7. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Youve got a crappy song stuck in my head. Thanx

Je, je, suis libertine...noooooo

8. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Exactly. And further, that fucking is of interest only to men. And generally just evil unless accompanied by an anguished, torpid, protracted, metaphysical monogamous arrangement.

And further, that men are mostly losers (or sickos, don't you know - just read the New York Post everyday). But there must be that lone guy who's the right one for you and whom you'll stay with "forever" (whatever that might mean). Oh, there must!

And further, that guy is "financially stable/secure" as the personals jargon goes.

And he probably looks like a magazine cover: does not shit, does not sneeze or fart, does not have boogers, pimples, or any such nagging imperfactions. He certainly does no stuttering when it comes to the dashing pick up line that will tighten the nooze of unreason around your neck.

9. mlee27

mlee27 Member

10. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

11. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

listen, i knwo youre not a fan of monogamy but you constantly knock it... remember it does work out great for others. just becaues its not th escene for you doesn tmake it some horrible demonic thing. hell my (male) partner pushes for it mroe than i do and is more prone ot jealousy than i am. i prefer monogamy, but its not like polyamory is the devil either

as for imperfections... of course my guy has em. but knowing tha the has them doesnt mean i like watchign him squeeze his pimples, yknow? just like i doubt he enjoys hearing me fart. neither of us are perfect beings, but we dont have to revel in every single one of those imperfections. and finanically stable? means he doestn sink all his money into addictions that he cannot stop, basically.

mlee - i think youve completely misunderstood what he was saying... its not about him feeling superior to women a tall, its aabout how we in north america cut ourselves off from one another - regardless of gender. we dont make eye contact on the street normally. were taught to fear those who we dont know. were taugth that men at the bar just want to fuck you and dump you. were taught that women who wear not a lot are slut/skanks/hoes. we are told the very worst of humanity and taught it as doctrine, instead of celebrating our capacity for gentleness and love. ive read a bit about coutnries like Italy and Greece where men will often just randomly compliment women, or give them an appreciative (not lecherous ,appreciative) smile - its not an attempt to fuck th em, its simply an attempt to flatter them. i relaly wish that we were like that, that we could openly flatter one another without it being strange or weird or there having t obe a set up (friends, dating, etc) for it to seem even vaguely legitimate

12. crim-sin

crim-sin Member

Working in the service industry has opened me up to others. I smile and say hi to people on the street and flirt a little bit with men that come into my work (and if I knew I wouldn't get hit or in trouble I might flirt with some of the women too). And when I mentioned to my grandmother that I like to say hi and smile at people because it made me feel good she basically said that in this day and age that is a sure way to get raped. I would like to think that isn't true. And it won't stop me from smiling.

13. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

Allonym, first of all let me compliment you on a very balanced and intelligent post. Let me also clarify that monogamy is not the devil for me either. Compulsory monogamy is... It is indoctrination and social pressure to be monogamous, and the stigmatization of everything that is not...THAT is the devil. And along with that the idea of eternal love and finding Mr. Right, I also think is destructive to human relationships? Why not simply say the guy you're living with has been great up to this point? Why even worry about something lasting an entire lifetime? I think that pressure/expectation can be damaging to relationships. You're a pretty sophisticated person, and I'm sure you at least see my point here. It isn't directed to you.

But anyway, as far as the second part of your post, you got what I was saying right. If there is anything I've been saying on this forum consistently is that I wish for COMPLETE equality between genders and the abolition of gender roles. But I wouldn't count on mlee to understand much of anything at all. Cheers.