Liberal Democrat Group arrested for destruction of property, voter intimidation.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Pikachu, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Well, they're gettin prison time, ain't they?

3. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

People on both sides of the spectrum are fucking nuts, and the craziest ones are usually the politicians doing things in their name.

Peace and Love,
    Dasn

4. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

5. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Additionally:

They aren't charged with voter intimidation as you mentioned in your thread subject.

Quoting from the article you provided a link to:
    "...charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine."

Now WHERE do you see ANYTHING about voter intimidation?

~sorry - no misspelled words this time~:X

6. David54

David54 Member

That's the best you could find? A few wing nuts in Wisconsin slashing some tires? And you talk about if the roles were reversed?

The CEO of the corporation in charge of programming the voting booths saying publicly that he'd do anything in his power to give the election to Bush. No paper audit trail. Results in Ohio differing from exit polls. and one district in which there were thousands of votes counted for Bush, but only hundreds of votes cast in the first place...

And all you can find is 5 wing nuts slashing some tires in Wisconsin? If the roles were reversed, indeed.

7. HonkyTonk

HonkyTonk Member

When did this happen? the Ceo deal anyway? Still Bush won this fair and square and there is no point in bitching for the next 4 years.

8. David54

David54 Member

You're missing the whole point. But that's OK, because most people are. Even the leftist elite that I can't stand any more than you can.

The point is that the fix was in. Bush was going to win this election, weather he had to cheat or not. Now the fact that he didn't have to cheat misses the point, even if it's true. The point is that whatever pretext we had for this government being a democracy is blown sky high, once again, to anyone who's paying enough attention.

Repeat after me. There is no paper audit trail. Banks can provide paper audit trails for complicated financial transactions occuring thousands of times every day on computerised systems. Why can't we figure out a secure way to vote? Think about that for a little while. We don't even know if Bush stole this election or not. Historians will never know. But what is clear to me is that he was ready to if he had to.

I did a google search on "diebold" (the company that made the voting machines for Ohio) and "ceo". I suggest that you do the same. I actually misspoke slightly. He didn't say "anything in my power". He said "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."

Thanks for the help.

9. balko

balko Member

No it's this:

Most Presidents cheat to get re-elected, but only one got caught.

And others don't always win...

10. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

15 yrs old and already so wise.

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

liberal democrat group...? but all the democratic candidates are conservative hacks.