Levitations

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by anwiyayoukhanna, Jan 24, 2017.

1. anwiyayoukhanna

anwiyayoukhanna Member

Okay I guess I'm going to open pandora's box of what my dreams are like.

Ok so for most of my life they weren't that interesting, I would maybe have a lucid or vivid dream every other year.

Then around 22, 23 I started playing music a lot more attentitively and doing other activities which probably stimulated the same part of the mind...

So the last two or three years I had a lot of dreams that not only were lucid, but where I was levitating. I mean a lot like, it happened probably around 100 times. I never know when or how to induce that dream, but it is quite a thrill. It feels like I am really flying, like very real and sometimes I have felt I am controlling what I am doing in the dream, but when I get too excited I wake up.

Sometimes I am not floating very high off the ground, other times it is spiral levitations, that are a little out of control. There are others I remember like I was flying straight up above an ocean. It feels like the opposite of when you jump off a diving board, and dive straight parallel feet first into a pool. The most intense ones, I was levitating beyond the Earth, into where I was seeing stars and constalations while I was floating higher and higher.

Actually it can get a little scary, but I expect they will happen again, and I'm not bragging here about how awesome my dreams are, because some of them are pretty terrible, but the levitations are like nothing else in real life or dreams. I have been on rollercoasters, gone sky diving, swam in the ocean, been on many flights, and nothing feels like I am actually flying like these dreams. It also kind of feels like the scene in the movie the Matrix, when they jump from one building to the next.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  2. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Did it start around the same time you started sleeping on a hammock?

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was younger i did a lot more floating around then i do now.
    odd that you mention it, i WAS a lot more involved with music at the time.

but now my waking life is more into creating 3d visuals in cg.

places have always played a bigger role then people in most of my dreams
    equally as much then as now.

and wonderfully strange places they are,
    if occasionally frustrating ones.

i'm not familiar with spiral, all my air floating has been flat, level, and usually in a streight line.
    i can glide down for a safe landing but find it very difficult to gain more elevation the point at which i leave the ground,
    usually the top or side of a hill or building.

oh i have levitated from sitting, but only to about the level my head would be at with ordinary walking.
    maybe a little higher then living hight, but no more then the hight of a celing or the top of a door.

but if i'm outside, and the ground slops down away, i remain at the same elevation in mid air,
    no matter how far or not far that is above the ground.

i can glide that way, but there's really seldom much point in doing so.
    and what i do in dreams, generally relates to whatever else is going on in them,
    and i'm seldom limited to being entirely passive in them either.

occasionally my ability to manipulate my surroundings will be impared.
    that's how i lost the final round in a dream shaping contest i was in in one of them

but usually it is never either absolute, nor absolute zero,
    this being in many ways analogious to life.

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

me too...floating...more flying floating..i could steer...I was in the music business but I think it was more the hard drugs and sleep following exhaustion