lets talk about civil disobedience

Discussion in 'Protest' started by MaryJBlaze, Mar 18, 2010.

1. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

(this is copied and pasted from another site, but it sparked such a great discussion that I thought it would be beneficial to start up over here too.....)

Lets Talk About Civil Disobedience....

Alright suffice to say it's obvious we've lost control of our country..

We know voting doesn't work when we're always presented with 2 sides of the same beast as a supposed choice..

We know our government is corrupt to the core and it's really the corporations or the ones with all the money who run our governments..

Our supposed representatives in government have been bought and paid for and it's all out in the open for everyone to see...

Well the game is over and these people are taking us on the fast track to subjugation...

Subjugation is the very thing our founding fathers wished to prevent for the people of the United States..

There is nowhere on earth like America.. You cannot go somewhere else and live the American dream..

If you let America be destroyed by this corrupt government nothing like it will ever exist again on this planet..

The IDEA of America is unique..

The IDEA of America has been THE shining example of what a free man could be to the world since its inception..

NOTHING LIKE AMERICA HAS EXISTED BEFORE IN HISTORY..

NOTHING LIKE IT WILL EXIST AGAIN IF YOU LET IT BE DESTROYED BY A CORRUPT GOVERNMENT THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT YOU..

The time for talk may soon be over..

The time for action draws ever more near..

I know many of you are angry..

I know many of you are frustrated..

I know you all feel powerless..

Well I'm here to tell you YOU ARE NOT POWERLESS..

The key to taking back your government is COORDINATED ACTION..

There is only one rule as far as I'm concerned in this game..

NO VIOLENCE..

NO ACTS OF VIOLENCE..

NO INCITING VIOLENCE..

Anything else is game..

What exactly is civil disobedience?

It is BREAKING THE LAW..

Plain and simple..

When the laws are oppressive it is YOUR DUTY TO BREAK THEM..

Just as the first blacks who dared to break the racist laws in the United States did..

The sad fact is...

Without representation..

The people have no choice but to rebel..

So I ask you dear people..

What are some good acts of civil disobedience that people can do to fight back against an oppressive government..

Yes there is risk in doing these things..

Yes there will be sacrifice and consequences..

But I tell you what, I know in my heart of hearts that AMERICA IS WORTH SAVING

AMERICA IS WORTH SACRIFICING FOR

WE MUST NOT LET HER DIE

WE MUST NOT CHANGE HER

WE MUST PRESERVE HER

WE MUST PROTECT HER

WITH OUR LIVES IF NECESSARY

I open the floor and welcome your suggestions!!

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Well I think that whoever posted that should really do a history check. Those folks he spoke of fighting for Equal rights for Blacks were not exactly peaceful people. For the most part yes, but there were quite a number of bloody riots which is really about the only thing our current corporatized establishment known as the Federal Government seems to have any respect for. It's the only thing thats ever dissuaded them from a course of action. It's the only thing thats ever made them sit back and thing "Oh Snap! Are we loosing power here?"

Short of everyone refusing to pay federal taxes, I'd like to hear some other ideas on way's to make them sit back and think that maybe it's time for them to start worrying about making We the People happy and less about sending aid and jobs to foreign nations that hate us without resorting to firebombs, homemade rail guns and improvised munitions and such.

3. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

yes, refusal to pay taxes is a big one as is taking our money out of the banks who are destroying us....

The problem that lies in the fact, that the people havent been fully broken yet. ...Some still have jobs, homes, they havent lost it all.

Those who havent been broken (yet) will just go about their dailies as if nothing is wrong....as if everything is copacetic

The govt has been slowly breaking us down. Chiseling away at the ice block.

They're prepared for unrest, last year the army purchased either 4-6 mil in riot equip't. So, in retrospect, it is safe to say that 'they' are provoking one.

We all concurred that our moves to stop the tyranny have been idle and futile.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Whoever wrote it is just plain silly.

If you want to do something disobediant, go smoke a joint and walk around. At least stand for something important, instead of some wannabe internet revolutionaries need to "break laws", if you're going to jail for being stupid anyway.

5. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

i think you need to look at the bigger picture here my friend, walking around smoking a joint isnt being proactive or sending a message, its just plain redundant....

there is no talk of internet revolutionaries, this is nothing more than a platform in which we begin to take our power back and stop letting those criminals destroy our people and our planet....

civil disobedience isnt about trying to be 'cool' or a rebel, its about no longer taking this oppression lying down, its about fighting for OUR rights, for OUR MONEY, for OUR PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. onesublimesister

onesublimesister Member

The only thing to do is stop feeding their machine. Starve out the corporate puppeteer that runs the government.

7. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

hit the nail right on the head!!

the real problem then lies in the fact that they have ensured our dependence on them....

how do we break those shackles? and how to we wake others up to the fact that they are shackled too?

self sustainability is huge, unfortunatley most people don't have a clue:rolleyes:

8. desperad0

desperad0 Member

Are we talking about Canada or the US or both?

9. onesublimesister

onesublimesister Member

OMFG it is sooooo hard to stop feeding the machine because sometimes that means that I can't eat. :p First thing I'm trying to do is walk and take the bus more because the oil industry is evil. I also don't use a bank account. It's very inconvenient sometimes, but it's worth it to me to know that the FUCKING BANKS GET NOTHING FROM ME!!! And I FINALLY gave up cigarettes. Cigarettes are another "control" issue for the puppeteers. Why are they letting me kill myself, yet I can't smoke a joint? Money. Plain and simple. Fuck them, too.

So Ms Blaze, the only thing we can do is start at home and pass it along to our friends. It is truly working in my life, as now I have friends that are doing and sharing themselves. I realized that I can't soap box it because I feel so strongly about it that people think I'm an evangelist and they stop listening. The best way to teach is set the example, and they will give up their shackles, too.

Not that I keep my mouth shut much. ;)

10. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

that site is one big psy op and being watched..which is an understatement
    be careful what you post on the interwebz folks

11. onesublimesister

onesublimesister Member

I'm not talking about any one nation in particular. I'm speaking of any society that lets its people starve for the sake of financial gain. And by starve, I don't just mean physically. However, this rank version of capitalism that goes on in the US is my biggest issue at the moment. There's nothing wrong with making a little cash, but why ruin lives to have more than you need?

12. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

the entire internet is one big 'psy op' especially all your precious networking sites that sell your info to data miners....

http://www.************/topic.php?uid=211404450663&topic=17330

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/myspace_bulk_data.php

mySpace has taken a bold step and allowed a large quantity of bulk user data to be put up for sale on startup data marketplace InfoChimps. Data offered includes user playlists, mood updates, mobile updates, photos, vents, reviews, blog posts, names and zipcodes. Friend lists are not included. Remember, Facebook and Twitter may be the name of the game these days in tech circles, but MySpace still sees 1 billion user status updates posted every month. Those updates will now be available for bulk analysis. This user data is intended for crunching by everyone from academic researchers to music industry information scientists. Will people buy the data and make interesting use of it? Will MySpace users be ok with that? Is this something Facebook and Twitter ought to do? The MySpace announcement raises a number of interesting questions.

(if you think hf isnt being watched just the same, you're dead wrong my friend....they're everywhere)

however, that is all a WHOLE OTHER TOPIC...if you wanna discuss it, start a thread, i'd be happy to share my opinions on it..

13. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

exactly, actions speak louder than words!!

14. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

i think this is a great post for others to read
    but none of it is news to me :p

15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Be that as it may, you don't appear to know jack about this country.

I know, lets not fill out our census forms so the man can't determine the correct number of reps for us or something....:coffee:

I truly hate all the internet revolutionaries who think we can just sidestep the country that they claim to love so much and everything it stands for... to save it? Totally makes sense to me. If people like you spent less time preaching to the quire and more doing something helpful, like feeding poor or politically educating/empowering people, this country would be just what you want it to be.

16. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

first off, i'm not an internet revolutionary- im a person posting on a forum aka; discussion board- which was designed for people to do just that;)

hate is heavy load to carry, as you grow up you'll see that its not worth it and just ends up bringing you down.

it all starts with baby steps, for some people that may be refusing to fill out their census forms...who are you to criticize that persons right to do so??? after all, isnt that freedom what our society has supposedly been built upon?

this is but a platform to discuss the matter....furthermore it's in the protest forum, ironic that you come in here protesting protest with no actual solution or anything productive to add to the conversation.

not all of us can be out there protesting in washington or fighting on the frontlines but we do what we can, where and how we can which is a fuck of a lot better and more respectable than sitting in your moms basement with your jizz and cheeto stained computer pretending to have a clue because you know how to use google:rolleyes:

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Your lack of understanding on the census issue was just the kind of thing I was talking about. Those who don't want to fill out a census generally think that it's an invasion of their privacy, the choice in which they have no say. Wrong. The census is provided for in the constitution to GIVE THAT REPERSENTATION. Somehow the whole country seems to forget every 10 years that we've really been doing it for over 200 years now.

And first you want to act like I'm infringing on your computer rights by doing the same with my computer... then you try to say that I'm some sort of loser and decide that the face of that loser is teh steriotypical computer nerd?

Simply put, grow the fuck up. You don't like it, go change it. The US was carefully designed that so an entire revolution can happen if the people care enough to pay some fucking attention. You would really want a revolution full of people stupid enough that they NEED to rebel, taking control of this country you love so much?

Oh, and you're blind. I gave you the solution. Go do the right thing in general, as well as becoming politically involved. If you can't read my post, don't reply to it.

18. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

ROFL....says the pot to the kettle......

your lack of comprehension of a 'big picture' is astounding and the fact that you keep focusing on one irrelevant detail at a time(such as the census) shows how tunneled your vision truly is...you're arguing silly semantics, this thread wasnt about starting a revolution it was about discussing civil disobedience as opposed to violent/extreme protest....

19. onesublimesister

onesublimesister Member

Just because it has been being done for years doesn't mean it's not an invasion of privacy. Funny, I was literally looking at my census form reading where it states that it's anonymous, yet they want detailed information and a phone number. Hmmmmm....

I jack off on these forums all day. I get a chance to talk to people like MaryJ, deviate, and Rooshack, and bounce my ideas off of them and listen to theirs. I help the poor. MY FRIENDS AND I ARE THE POOR! If you're talking fiscally, that is. If you're talking true wealth, then we're the richest beings on the planet. Cleaning up the shit in my own back yard is the best activism there is.

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

They can not be used for something like 72 years. And again, it's census or no repersentation, because that's how reps are determined.

OP:You know quite well, being the big picture person that you are, that I was making examples. Examples inspired by contemporary civil disobediance... But like I said, you knew that.

And telling me hates strong.... SOMEONE gave me a neg rep calling me a silly little sheep who was unable to see out of the woods, before I did a thing to you. I made the comment you didn't like because you made it look as though you where not the author... for understandable reasons. I suppose if ever I find a sheep in the woods, I shall leave it there with a red box, instead of leading it out. :coffee:

Also, to be disobediant is to revolt, and guess who revolts? A revolutionary.