Let's just see how this effects the election

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, May 17, 2004.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i just heard on the news that they found the first WMD... a small amount but they said they were made by saddam's regime... so there's a point for dubu.

bah.

2. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

who else would they say made them

3. interval_illusion

no one... but im saying.... all those brainwashed people are gonna be like "see! they did find WTD! vote bush!:"

4. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

It was an old artillary shell though from what I read. Probably produced before the time Saddam claimed to have gotten rid of his WMDs.

5. interval_illusion

yes, i agree...

i can just see how this is gonna work out for the current administrations agenda though.

6. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Well, yeah, it should since according to Saddam, that particular piece of artillary wasn't supposed to exist. But the mainstream media is on Kerry's side so they will probably not make a big deal of it. Plus, it's not enough nerve agent to really serve as the necessary smoking gun.

I'm more worried about the possibility that the nerve agent that was to be used in the foiled Jordanian attack had Iraqi origins.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The plot thickens.

What you are referring to is a car bomb which was found to contain traces of Sarin gas. Now, there is talk of there possibly being an underground base where WMD's are being stored, which US officials are in the process of investigating as we speak.

I have a feeling that in the next couple days I am going to wake up to the headlines of the US finding a large cache of WMD's.

Of course there will be more to the story.

My gut feeling that that insurgents were not the ones responsible for that Sarin gas attack, but our own government. This is just part of the puzzle which is *supposed* to lead to a bigger piece of the puzzle.

Of course the media has us all doped and few people will look at it this way, and we will never get the whole story, or the truth.

8. interval_illusion

i have that same feeling too, matt.

i had it right when i heard the newscaster say "even though it was a small quantity it's the first WMD found."

i just went "uh oh".

9. Pressed_Rat

If we find WMD's at this point, there will not be a doubt in my mind that WE planted them. The idiot's approval rating is at an all-time low - just the right time to plant some WMD's to suddenly boost his rating.

With this administration (like most administrations) it's been lie after lie. To me, anyone who believes anything to come from the Bush Administration at this point is an idiot, flat-out.

10. interval_illusion

idiots indeed...

but idiots so brainwashed over the years from society and the gov. that they dont even know how to think about these things.

they just take what they are fed and go on with their comfortable lives.

11. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Maybe we are all victims of higher education-we've taken college level political science and know what past governments have been up to.

i wouldn't trust many "finds" at this stage of the game.

12. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

what rat said.

unfortunately much of my family are bush-loving idiots, because it's wrong to question your president, and jesus will come and spank you if you're not blindly patriotic. that means my mailbox is going to be filled with their pro-bush, "see-how-wrong-you-are-stupid-hippie-female" garbage for weeks.

i can't believe i'm related to these people.

13. interval_illusion

my mom is like that.

and so is one of my sisters-in-laws.

nice people both of them but completly clueless.

i tried to debate with my mom before but her mind is closed.

14. seamonster66

I knowmany types of people, thankfully none of them support Bush, my family included.

My dad received a thank you for supporting Bush's campaign, even though he didn't, that includes a pic of GWB in action at his desk. My parents put it on their fridge to mock.

15. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

my twin brother disowned me. supposedly because i am "emotionally abusive" towards my parents (meaning i don't agree with them on politics or religion and won't let them mess with my kids' heads) but i'm sure politics and religion have a lot to do with it. he said that my voluntary choice to be car-free (and therefore less oil-dependent) is proof of mental illness, and that i should be medicated heavily, i guess until i see the light and go out and get a hummer that i can drive to california and back at 90 miles an hour, just for a joyride. because that of course is the rational, sane thing to do.

i hate him.

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

What is a 'WMD'?

17. seamonster66

World Meteor Destruction. Bush thought Hussein planned on launching a meteor into out space, and then time it's re-entry with the Earth's rotation so that the epicenter of the impact would be in middle Americaa, likely around Texas, which explains GWs preoccupation on the subject.

18. Pressed_Rat

Hahaha.... good one, Seamonster.

Bird, it stands for Weapon of Mass Destruction.

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Thank you for explaining.
    I am not that familiar with abbrevations.

20. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

What is it that makes you think this? Personally I haven't seen any evidence to convince me that any potential WMD's that are found belong to Saddam or the U.S.

On the one hand, nobody knows what happened to the WMD's that Saddam was known to have. On the other hand, Bush has a vested interest in planting some, although for the maximum effect on the election he should wait a month or two before discovering them.