Let there be Light! a thread for making peace

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by Jedi, May 3, 2007.

1. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Yep, This thread imitates a psychologist... you don't have to type your problems here... but tell yourself any terrible things you have done so far, and tell yourself any terrible things others have done to you. Then, in one shot, forgive everything! . Give all your history up to the Lord Sriman Narayana/God/Higher Self/ Your Wisdom/Your Guru/Your logic, and be at peace. From this day on, you are completely free!

2. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Nothing is wrong, like situations that work themselves out no matter how you approach. I love everybody, and when I face adversity and find frustrataion, I remember god. So much easier in the blossoming overwhelming energy of spring time. :) Hare Krsna!

3. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

ooo....Krsna Bhakti that picture is beautiful! I <3 it sooo much :)
    ---

You are one and the same
    In joy and sorrow,
    Hope and despair,
    Life and death.

You are already fulfilled.

Let yourself dissolve.

-Ashtavakra Gita 5:4

4. Krsna Bhakti

That was beautiful to read, thank you! By far, the brightest moment of my day, next to watching the sunrise over the hills and overgrown forest that lines the east side of 76 wrapping around Philadelphia on my way to work :)
    And Svg, we seem to have VERY similar taste in paintings ;)

5. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Thats one of my favorite verses from any text I have read :) :)

And who painted that painting?

6. Krsna Bhakti

To be honest, I dont know! I just found this beautiful painting of Lord Krsna as an infant, gazing into space and at the moon, and His mother gazing into His eyes, and I fell in love with it. Not so different from the wondering and realization of natures visual beauty (if we look with the right eyes ;) ) of you sig painting by Alex Grey, is it?
    Hare Krsna :)

7. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

It illustrates the story where Krishna pesters his mom asking her for the moon.

8. Krsna Bhakti

Thank you for dropping this knowledge on us Bhaskar! I must admit that i have only read the Bhagavad Gita (countless times lol) but I have never read any of the stories of Krsnas life. Is there any websites where I may read such stories? Sadly, I do not have the money to purchase any books, and I am very interested in reading more about Him.

9. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

10. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Yea, Alex Grey. I just realized that out sig. paintings are extremely similar. Both of someone gazing at the moon in a sort of wonder. And I would recommend going to libraries for books, if they don't have it they can have it shipped from another library. I've had to buy some books by Terrence McKenna because they didn't have them on their system but for they most part they will ship anything in. :)

11. Krsna Bhakti

My dear friend Bhaskar, Thank you! This is such a wealth of nice stories to read! :) Im so glad that this information is shared so freely on the internet since I have NO money to pay for books right now. This is beautiful, again, thank you! Your friend, John :)