lessons learned on lsd...

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by astronomydomine89, Oct 18, 2008.

1. astronomydomine89

astronomydomine89 Member

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the most valuable things you think LSD has taught you? How has exposure to it changed your views on reality/nature/time/the mind/death/the universe/god etc?

2. stalk

stalk Banned

lol I could ramble on for days, my friend.

my god you're asking me to write a novel.

3. Leingod

Leingod Banned

hahaha, right...

well, when I took some white lavender acid on november 13th 2007, i watched the Cube (which fucked with me). After the movie I went outside and thats where I was the entire evening. I went over to my tree and stared at it, (a trip prior to this I realized the ability of LSD to make objects change colors). This was some WAY better acid and when I looked at the leaves all over the ground...I saw points of light neatly arranged accross my lawn...I shook my eyes to shake away the hallucination...

I did it again, but this time when I saw the points of light I saw a pattern...so I stared at the pattern to see what it was exactly...and as I did that point in space would fold backwards on itself reavealing a chaotic geometric, polygonal space that then took hold of my entire vision. What I was seeing was so real, and I chilled at this realm for maybe 5-10 seconds and shook it off.

At that point I feel to the ground in front of my tree, and said

"I Am God, I am God of my Universe!"

I proceeded to pray to the earth for forgiveness and went to load a bowl...

but it is true. What you see when you trip is nothing more than your thoughts being projected outward, that these certain pharmilogical agents allow a supression of all cultural boundies allowing you to use your eye sight to a better advantage.

Also this proved to me that I am the master of my own destiny. I choose my path, the path of unison with the planet and my fellow man. (It was until a few mushroom trips I realized the universe is hostile, even trees)

I hope to see more epiphanys on here, I get one every time I trip.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

When you have a few hits // um 10.. in a cigarette pack. Dont crumple pack and toss into flowing rippling stream. :(
    lucky I could swim.. :)
    what a wonderful 14 hit trip that turned out to be.... they got a tad wet and I had to eat em...

5. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

It's funny how different we all think during psychedelic trips. What you learned from the LSD experience about controlling your own destiny is exactly what I thought before I took psychedelics. In fact, it was during a Magic Mushroom trip that I realized that any concept of control we think we have is the greatest illusion awareness has projected upon itself. I believe that we are programmed down to the finest detail, and that is why we see this geometric network behind the veil of matter. I think, the reason we 'create' things, an act of programming, is because we are acting out that which we are in collective entirety, a program.
    But we all see it so differently. Just goes to show how little we all know about anything.
    God bless

6. I learned A LOT, it changed my life in every way possible, for the better.

One big thing I learned though was that loving one another is the only true way to be, never judge, never stereotype, never think you know another soul, even after a few miles in their shoes.

Money is not what makes man rich, but the love he holds within his heart.

7. Leingod

Leingod Banned

Yes, apreciation of life is key. That we are not living a hollow existence. That our lives have purpose. I don't believe in fate, because I believe I've lived this life before, same with your lives or any other spirit or soul that has come in contact with this multiverse.

8. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

1 Cars are real.
    2 Fire is NOT your friend.
    3 A flashlight can be a big help.

9. opel diamond

opel diamond burn out

I've learned alot, like previous posters said. i've learned to really appreciate the beauty of life that is all around and how we are all connected. like snocbor said aswell that love is the way forward and to embrace everything fully. the sense that the world has been constructed, we are constructs and are led by a certain flow, or path is set and we proceed through life to its end......to be honest i learn something new every time i trip. even my one bad trip has taught me about the power fear can have and how it can over come the power that love holds in your heart. the trick is never to let it.

10. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Very personal and closely kept issues which I am not up for sharing.
    It has, however, benefitted in more ways than you could possibly imagine.
    And it's took me further and further away from concepts and morals taught and displayed in the plastic novel 'the bible'.

11. tomestat

tomestat Member

A lot of things indeed.

But by the most important i understood is that humanity was just a living form which has to share the planet with the other living forms, and any living form is a part of God, which is not separated from us. Yes, i am God, so you are, so is my dog and any living organism. I learned the miracle of life, i understood how a simple plant or seed was a wonderful factory, how wonderful is a living cell in comparison with our factories we are so proud of and which fuck up the planet.

Also i was in touch with the infinite. From the atom to the water drop to the glass of water to the river to the sea to the ocean to the planet to the solar system to the galaxy to the universe... Wow !

Shrooms made me realize how much humanity was a pity for the life on Earth, but LSD made me realize it was not a problem because the life will adapt and go on after humanity's extinction.

Sorry for my bad English, but it's already hard to explain in my mother language...

12. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

Impossible for me to say what I learned from LSD and what I learned "naturally." I think more than anything LSD allowed me to come to terms with things I already thought but didn't have the courage or clarity to face. I find that it speeds up the process of mental/spiritual evolution more than alters its course, but that's just my take.

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

LSD is just pure, open, unfiltered awareness. Anything you learn comes from yourself, not from the drug. The drug just exposes your brain to more data which is bombarding us at every moment we exist. If we had to be exposed to this data constantly, we would for the most part go completley nuts. Or learn to evolve faster, could go both ways.

14. StayLoose1011

I agree completely. LSD simply opens up a lot of channels, both to the internal and external worlds. I agree with the people who say that everything that happens on LSD can happen naturally. Of course, most people would argue that an LSD trip is so far removed from everyday life that this idea is nothing short of preposterous, but most of the experiences I've had on LSD, I've also had sober, just (usually) to a lesser extent. LSD is similar to a psychotic state as Relayer implies, and it is also similar to an enlightened state. The relationship between insanity and enlightenment has long been documented. Philip K. Dick, who, surprisingly and contrary to popular belief, was not a big acid head at all (he only did it a couple of times, but he sure did take a lot of speed), and he has written some very interesting stuff on the relationship between the confusion and paralysis that occurs during psychosis and the same kinds of things experienced by psychonauts and enlightened spiritual beings.

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Interesting Allen. Where can I read some of his writings?

16. klackle

klackle Member

I have learned to see some things as they really are. I have learned more about myself and my interests. A plan for the rest of my life has taken a much more specific shape since starting to dabble in LSD. I think it may be a little hard to explain...

17. Zorbo

Zorbo Member

Yes,
    I would like to read some of Phillip K. Dick's writings too.

Where could I find some?

18. ShadyGrove

ShadyGrove Member

I've really learned nothing from LSD. These epiphanies that we experience are so exciting and do have a great message but they are in fact illusions themselves. They are no more real than my so called "mind" and this body that consciousness is flowing through everything. Believing that we are experiencing something extravagant and groundbreaking is making a commitment to that which is unreal. In your sleep, while in waking state, even while tripping the Self is always present and is the only thing present.

AUM

19. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

Wow, you guys are all way into this stuff! Things I learned while tripping acid;

1. How to skateboard (last friday, beautiful day)
    2. How to braid hemp (about four years ago)
    3. How a game of hearts will turn out when playing with a deck of 51 (last summer)

20. StayLoose1011

Honestly, I feel like Philip K. Dick would be some of the worst possible stuff to read while tripping, especially for a first trip (I'm just noting your other thread), but it's definitely interesting stuff to contemplate. Dick's writing tends to be very dark, full of fear and doubt and skepticism and insanity. Of course some of his themes are quite psychedelic, but I would definitely go for something more light-hearted and positive, like something by Ram Dass or Thich Nhat Hahn.

You can find some of Dick's essays online, and his novels (he was almost exclusively writer of sci-fi fiction) can be found wherever books are sold :)

If you want a fascinating read about his (very fucked up) life and a glimpse into the darker side of the kind of endless questioning that drug use can encourage, check this out:
    http://www.hermenaut.com/a4.shtml