leidseplien

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by awaydays, Jun 20, 2006.

1. awaydays

awaydays Member

it seems like this is the place to hang out away from the rld,we have a map but is it walkable and if so how long,if not anyone know what tram to get there and is it easy to recognise when we get there on tram,thanks for help in advance

2. PlasticFace

PlasticFace Member

It's walkable. How long it takes to get there depends on what kind of state you're in when walking there. 15, 20, 25 minutes. Something like that.

3. skyhigh420

skyhigh420 Member

walkable for sure, Its about 20min walk from Central Station at a normal pace.

Rembrandtplein also has a nice collection of bars and stuff, its about halfway from cs to leids.....

4. slowhand

slowhand Member

there are trams - get a strippenkarte and go anywhere - Amsterdam is a small city - nothing is very far away.

5. lctricity

lctricity Member

Although the walk ain't bad I also recommend a Tram Pass to get around town with ease.

Better yet rent a bike, but that's another topic all together.

Check out the Sports Cafe on Leidseplein for some of the best Dutch pancakes available.

Also, of course, The Waterhole for good live Rock N' Roll and Rookies for a nice smoke friendly bar.

6. Larry

Larry Member

The 1, 2, and 5 trams go to Leidseplein from Centraal Station and from behind the Royal Palace.

I'm not a fast walker but it'd take me more like 40 minutes from CS to Leidseplein.

I'm a heavy user of public transportation in Amsterdam including the night buses and always buy one of the (hour) passes. It allows anywhere in Amsterdam 24 hours a day on the trams, (night) buses, and the Metro. It's the only pass that is accepted on the nightbus.

If you're only going to be taking a couple of rides per day and not after midnight strippen are more cost effective.

www.gvb.nl ...is the Amsterdam transportation site

7. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

The only problem I have with the trams is that they soon stop running after midnight and when I'm in A'dam on holiday I'm always out way past this time every night. I always get/hire a bike myself usually within an hour of arriving in the city. Sod all that walking, done that way too much and it's a killer after a couple of days on your feet.