Legend Of Zelda Tv Show On Netflix

Discussion in 'TV' started by Fueled by Coffee, May 8, 2015.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Aparently one of the greatest and most beloved video game series off of the Nintendo is getting its own Netflix series.

The Zelda series is one of my favorite game franchises ever made. I think this is gonna make for an interesting TV show. The only concern I have is that whenever Nintendo attempted to make a TV show or movie based off one of their games, it always sucked and failed hard.

Such as:
    Mario Bros. Movie
    Super Mario Bros. Super Show
    Legend of Zelda (Saturday Morning Cartoon)
    Pokemon
    Captain N the Game Master
    Etc.

So it's quite possible this new Zelda Netflix series is gonna fail just as hard as the last movie/tv show adaptations.

To be honest though, I haven't played much Zelda games after Ocarina of Time, which I think is my favorite Zelda game ever.

What do y'all think?

2. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

The old Zelda and Sonic cartoons LOL man, those were crappy.

I think the Mario Bros movie did pretty well tho! That's a classic as far as I'm concerned. I watched it countless times. First time tho I was like 'wtf? this is pretty off base" It really gave off sort of a cyberpunk vibe to me. Very unique and abstract view on the Mario Bros series tho.

I wonder what it will be based on. Hopefully the Ocarina of Time universe. That was the most in-depth and memorable storyline for me, though that's about the point where I stopped playing the Legend of Zelda games. Never got around to Majora's Mask. Will it be CGI or real acting tho? Hopefully CGI. My god man... That Dragonball Z movie... :D I laughed through the entire movie!

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

last one i played was the one where you spend endless hours on a ship

cant even imagine any type of tv show based on zelda that would have an ounce of watch value

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yeah I sure hope they will base it on Ocarina of Time as well. Hopefully not an exact mirror image of the game, because the outcome will be way too predictable. Ocarina was also my favorite game, and Majora's mask suffered from sequil syndrome. Although the gameplay was a bit more enhanced, the storyline was incredibly hokey. It was like Zelda meets Groundhog Day.

As for the Mario Bros. Movie, I disagree. It actually failed hard at the box office only grossing $20,000,000 of it's $42,000,000 budget. It had so little to do with the movie.

Sonic on the other hand, there were two cartoons in the early 90s. One of them sucked and the other rocked! Here's the opening theme for the good show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bZ2lMLt5Hw

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I always loved legend of zelda. I still think "Legend of Zelda: A link to the past" was one of my favorite games ever. This is for the SNES console. The NES had Legend of Zelda, and that was a great game as well, having a second quest because the programmers finished early and had extra ROM address space to spare, or so i have heard. The Second Quest is a a game in and of itself, and definitely harder than the first quest, I still haven't beaten the second quest yet! Ocarina of Time for the N64 Console was great, never did beat that one. I haven't played any of the newer Zelda games, I hear there are a few on the Wii and WiiU that are really nice ... i'd love a new modern zelda to play, anyone got one to recommend?

Oh yeah, i've played a few handheld editions of zelda also ....

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think a tv adaption can only disappoint. People think it will be great because they love the zelda setting and the games, but what made the games great doesn't have to make the tv series great. It will probably mostly be a feast of recognition, like yeah I hoped they would put that into it.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'll only watch it if they promise comically bad translations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.