legalization of marijuana

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by dayafterpuberty, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

To me legalizing marijuana would be pretty got damn sweet. But the fact is, people see it to be worse than alcohol, even though the facts have proven that alcohol is much more dangerous than marijuana. Thats just one thing that pisses me off about that. I would go on but for now i have to go. Please leave your insight on this.

2. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

well alcohol gets the government money thru taxes and stuff. weed is a big cause of depression, paranoia and skitzofrenia(sp) and just something ppl tend to say about stoners is that they are really boring ppl and the 1st thing they ask you is if you blaze. they barely talk about anything. in my own personal opinion, its not a bad thing unless you get addicted or unless you do it purely for image. Its illeagle purely because the government are covering themselves...i think!

3. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

As always, there are multiple sides to everything. Personally I do not smoke pot, but I do support the legalization movement. It's not so much that I see the good side for the users, but rather for the economy. If it was sold and taxed as alcohol is, it would be an amazing source of money.

Talk to Viv (templedragon) if you want specifics on what's going on currently with the legalization movement. He's very active in the Seattle area.

4. wanderingbear

wanderingbear Member

I think that with the present government we have more to worry about that legalizing pot. Like keeping individual rights and freedoms legal.

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I second that. Amen!

More people need to contribute to getting drug offenders out of prison, and violent offenders in.

6. wanderingbear

wanderingbear Member

First we need to get the Violent criminals out of the White House.

7. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Check out DuPontChemical.In order to push synthetic fiber they started the scare to force hemp off the market.Saying that it's safer than booze isn't a good argument.One could say crack is safer than h which really means nothing.

8. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

I smoke the stuff frequently and would just like to say that depression and schizophrenia tend to develop earlier if you do smoke, however that only happens if you ALREADY possess the disorders. It is not the cause but rather an expediator. Now, it is a fact that people with higher income and higher education are more likely to smoke marijuana. So I dont think your say on how they are 'boring' and 'dull' is very credible, and also from personal experience.
    As for legalization, I would love that!! It would boom the economy.

But to be honest i do sometimes get memory lapses and tend to zone out after smokign for a prolonged period of time consistently. That is why people need to be in control of their usage.
    It's a spiritual drug really

9. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

For all you who said that it would be good for the economy, you are forgetting that cannabis is a weed and grows like a weed. Its mainly kept illegal because it would be so hard to tax like alcohol. You need lots of equipment to make large quantities of booze, but anyone can throw some seeds in their backyard and get tons of bud.

10. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

you've never smoked Kansas pot...grows on the side of the road...tastes like a weed.Good pot is an art.Damn helicopters.

11. wingedtriangle

wingedtriangle Member

true you cant just develop a disorder like schizophrenia by smokeing in any way it can bring it out earlier but it is not a cause of any of those disorders

12. WE1

WE1 Member

That's news to me. Would you mind providing a link to the source of your information?

13. spooner

spooner is done.

why would you support the government taxing it? luxury taxes are fucking ridiculous - its almost 10 bucks for a pack of cigarettes, 20 bucks for a case of beer... i pay less then 3 bucks a gram for weed and i'd like to keep it that way.

14. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

TAX our smoke !! eekkss, Marijuana grows wild, and should remain free. If the gov, got a hold of it they would change it, take out the THC and sell it on the side like they did with milk and lactose.
    Addicted to pot, I don't think so, it's not physicaly addictive, and it doesn't lead to heroin. To my knowledge heroin users don't smoke that much weed.( yes I have known many heroin addicts in my time)
    There has been more and more coming forward to testify on how MJ has help them. MS suffers have found relief with pot and Montel Williams has come forward with his testamony on the relief he has gotten from smoking weed as an MS sufferer. Many Glocoma sufferers have also remarked on the pressure relief they get from the use of weed. It has been found to relive anxiety and depression. Marijuana promotes peace as it always puts a smile on your face and in your heart. Refer controls the urge to speed on the hwy so it decresses accidents and should thereby lower your car insurance.
    The use of pot slows down the heart rate and calms the nerves. Even the hemp it'self is useful, you can make fabric from it and sew your own clothes. You can spin it into yarn and crotche and weave blankets with it.. my the list goes on.
    If we could grow it ourselves we would have enough to use as food also, you can make a calming tea with it or bake with it and get a steady buzz allday, eating weed would not harm your lungs so eating it would be ideal, if it be plentiful. Ahhh .. I can dream can't I.. someday soon..

15. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

indeed shameless heifer, indeed.

16. NewAge Hippy

NewAge Hippy Member

MUHAHAHAHA... Sorry for you all..
    I'm living in Holland.. I love it here.. The weather is bad..
    But the grass is legal...

Every vriday and saturday night..
    With all my hip friends..
    Being spiritual with eachother..
    And my parents even agree with it..
    dudes.. Its paradise here...

I only smoke weed at the weekends because my schoolresults will go backwards..

17. nirvallex

nirvallex Member

in my country (holland) weed is already legal!!!!
    SWEET....
    but i do hope for you guys that it wil be legal soon in your country ;)

18. Jennyflower

Jennyflower Member

i got no link for my info! we learnt in a crappy health lesson at skool!

19. dmgreen

dmgreen ~Hugz 4 All~

Just think about this. If weed was legalized in the USA could you imagine how much our deficit would go down.....shit it would probably pay off our whole deficit!!! I am all for legalizing Marijuana!!!!

20. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

my thoughts exactly dmgreen