legalising mj

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by dreamee, Feb 17, 2010.

1. dreamee

dreamee Member

i've had a thought that i've been thinking about for a while, and i'm wondering what other people think.

tobacco is a plant, that grows naturally and has been used throughout human existence on earth as a recreational/spiritual/ceremonial drug. then the tobacco company was created and now there are all sorts of chemical additives in cigarettes, 599, according to wiki (seeing as wiki is such a reliable source and all...) and there's some pretty nasty shit in that list.

so now comes my thought... if cannabis is legalised... is it also going to become fucked up with additives? how long will it take until the development of cannabis companies (equivalent to today's tobacco companies) start making commercial cannabis cigarettes and start adding anything they can think of into it, just to get that extra buck?

2. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

3. dreamee

dreamee Member

thanks tom. looked, but didn't see that one =)

4. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

your welcome :)

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Dreamee, IMO yer right on the money, with the drive to "Stop Smoking" over the last couple of decades the tobacco industry is probly billions short of when it's hayday nearly everbody smoked.

So, they have the equiptment just sitting there gathering dust, just waiting for mj to be legalized so they may become filthier rich! Not to mention the tobacco farmers that could switch over. But like ya say they'll use the same methods and materials that they've been using for years.

On the bright side though those of us who can, will still grow our own the natural way!>)

6. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

this is pretty bound to happen with the companies, but i would think people could still get good weed through medicinal institutions whether they lie about they're conditions to their doctor or not.
    and there would most likely be the companies that do make a clean bud to smoke. And for example if the tobacco companies were putting nicotine in their weed, when someone wants to quit nicotine but not weed, there'll be companies with clean weed to find.

mostly because of the medicinal purposes, i think mary jane will stay afloat much longer than tobacco did.

7. Naturalhi

Bogus, If mj is legalized to the point of mass production as alcohol and tobacco what would the point of having medicinal dispensaries?

8. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

Something to keep in mind. There are more and more laws against smoking everyday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smoking_bans

I can see a time (in the not too distant future), when they ban the sale of ALL smoking products.

Weed (if decriminalized, which is the best we can hope for) could still be used for eating and cooking, maybe vaporizers as well, but in one snap, pipes, bongs, papers, hookahs etc... could all be illegal.

9. Naturalhi

Chronictom, Ya forgot brownies, those who've tried it know that stomach stoned is much better!>)

10. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

I guess if you shove the brownies up your ass, then you could be right, but for most people who eat them, they would be included in what I said.

11. dreamee

dreamee Member

i would have to agree 100% on this one! it's such a different kind of high for me.

and chronictom, you are right. though as a non-smoker, i think i'd have a much less problem if tobacco cigarettes were made from pure tobacco leaf, without all the cancer-causing additives. i could be wrong on this one, but i believe its the additives that cause the cancer, not the tobacco leaf itself. ??

12. Naturalhi

CT, "could still be used for eating and cooking"

Sorry if yer upset from what I said, the way ya phrased it, somehow seemed as though cooking was lesser than optimum.

Dreamee; IMHO the tars, that black gui stuff left in yer pipe after smoking can also accumulate in ones lungs just the same causeing all manner of trouble, not to mention the crud big bus. adds on pourpose=>O

13. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

That is your issue with the way you interpreted what I said and as such there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

As for being upset, yes it upsets me when people ignore things I say or misinterpret them and then tell me I'm wrong based on their own mis-interpretations.

14. Naturalhi

Yeah! I noticed how yer rep is disabled, maybe ya should toke yer meds and mellow out before posting. Remember, It just doesn't matter; and what if it did?! MMMMMMMMMELLLLLLLOOOOOW !>)

15. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

So, you misread my post, attack me on it, and think I should mellow before pointing out where you were wrong?

What does my rep being disabled have to do with anything?

16. Naturalhi

We'll not say more on the subject.

Dreanie, Sorry we got off topic in yer thread:>)

17. MisterMudz

MisterMudz Member

if its legal, everyone will just grow it.