legal question "hearsay"

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by ezyrider50, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezyrider50

ezyrider50 Member

Okay this question is about hearsay. If you have a a good trustworthy friend but you don't want to show them your grow room because of that fact that any information about the groowroom could be used against you. Could you just tell them why if you think they would understand your situation that you just don't show anyone that type of thing. my question is could someone who you thought was trustworthy eventually get you in court by telling LEO specific information about where it is located. OR do they have to have hard evidence and present facts such as how many plants you have and so on and such.
    also what about someone who lives with you. Would they have a better chance of busting you because they live with you???

2. Pawy

Pawy Member

Its simple trust no one......

Its allways tempting to show off your pride and joy but it just isnt worth it..

Post a few pictures here if you want to show it off...

But yes your friends can or will say something to police.... Drugs have different laws depending on the country, But it doesnt take much to get a search warrant for drugs these days...

Pawy

3. ezyrider50

ezyrider50 Member

true, i was just wondering what was permissable in court. It's just i might live with my friend or my girlfriend. but i think i'll just get my own place.

4. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

If you only tell you're friend your growing, that's usually not enough evidence to get a search warrant; if he's SEEN your garden and is willing to testify to it in court, you're sunk.
    Witnessing a crime (seeing your grow) in not hearsay. He tips off the cops, they get a warrant, he testifies in court he saw it.

P.S. most grow busts, in fact most arrests, are the result of someone seeing and telling.
    Even if the guys a friend, he may get busted for whatever and decides to drop a dime on you to save his own self.
    Lovers/spouses who become ex-lovers/spouses are also a clear danger.

5. ezyrider50

ezyrider50 Member

hey thanks guys, that answered some of my questions

6. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"if he's SEEN your garden and is willing to testify to it in court, you're sunk.
    Witnessing a crime (seeing your grow) in not hearsay. He tips off the cops, they get a warrant, he testifies in court he saw it."

"Witnessing a crime (seeing your grow) in not hearsay"- this is correct, the rest is NOT THAT SIMPLE.

If I see your grow room, the pigs MAY get a warrant on MY word, because I'm a known associate with a long arrest record for drugs. In other words, the court is likely to view me as knowledgable and reliable- an "expert" witness.

However, most people have no "creditials" and a warrant cannot be issued on the word of a "laymen" alone.

It's a little sticky. if I were you, I'd be more worried about getting ripped off.

" most grow busts, ..., are the result of someone seeing and telling.
    Even if the guys a friend, he may get busted for whatever and decides to drop a dime on you to save his own self.
    Lovers/spouses who become ex-lovers/spouses are also a clear danger."

This is correct, BUT, you should add< "and then the pigs come to the door and ask too search and the idiot grower lets them".

I've been ratted a few times- but only when the guy was actually a cop did it matter much.

7. ssj3gotenks

ssj3gotenks Member

It is my impression that in the US warrants are only used when one is either growing, selling, or possessing massive quantites (over a pound) within their home. but if you have an eighth at your house i wouldn't count on it.
    despite the fact that their are search warrants for homes in our country, your home is where you are entitled to the most privacy.

8. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Once more, a forigner repeats nonesense about the US. A warrant for quanities but not eights? You must live in a facist country, indeed!

here, we have the incomparable 4th and 5th amendments (not to mention the 1st).

The US is the most difficult country in the world in which to obtain a warrant to search a private residence.

9. brandonveg

brandonveg Member

Somebody was talking about spouses who become ex spouses will rat you out......if you are married a spouse cant be forced to testify....also hearsay is a out of court statement made in court to establish the fact of the matter.........if you just tell your friend then that testimony should be considered hearsay and be stricken from the record.

10. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Yes Geckopelli but I inderstand the US is ONE of the easiest countries in the world to have your phone tapped.
    Also read about LINCON breach of civil liberty.
    He used AMERICAN SOLDIERS to search CIVILIAN HOUSES & intered pollitical opponents
    NOW THATS WHAT I CALL FREEDOM
    YOUR GOVERNMENT WILL BREACH YOUR LIBERTY
    WHEN IT SEES FIT TO DO SO

11. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"Yes Geckopelli but I inderstand the US is ONE of the easiest countries in the world to have your phone tapped."

That's propaganda- a flat lie. Perhaps you should study a subject a little before you expound so all-knowingly about it. Indeed, IT IS THE MOST DIFFICULT.

"Also read about LINCON breach of civil liberty.
    He used AMERICAN SOLDIERS to search CIVILIAN HOUSES & intered pollitical opponents
    NOW THATS WHAT I CALL FREEDOM
    YOUR GOVERNMENT WILL BREACH YOUR LIBERTY
    WHEN IT SEES FIT TO DO SO"

And that's all history. About one hundred and fifty years ago. What was your gov doing then?
    Look at your own history before you throw stones.

The US evolves- it's made that way.

Our gov fucks us- we have legal recourse. You, on the other hand, don't.

The US is far and away the closest thing on this planet to a free country- and all the jealouy inspired propaganda in the world won't change that.
    Deal with it.

12. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Hold on I think I hear a ticker tape parade march'in bye
    p.s In our country we count all the votes & HER MAJESTY can dismiss her gov
    instantly you on the other hand have to wait till the term of office is over, what kind of re-course is that.
    HERE WE HAVE CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE THAT (ACID ROTS THE BRAIN)

13. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"HER MAJESTY can dismiss her gov"

HER GOVERNMENT?!?!??

over here, it's OUR government!

a tyrant (albeit benevolent) who rules by birth right- do you really think she's better than you?

14. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Of course I do thats why I took her shilling & served in her Army

15. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

And that says it all!

16. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Explain to me a benevolent tyrant.(real lack of education here)
    The Queen is politically impartial but has the right to dissmiss her goverment
    at our say so.
    This is true Democratic freedom
    Not Democracy (Texas Oil Barron Style)
    Where the rich come first
    Wake up & smell the coffee a high school education awaits you if you want one

17. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Whatever-
    a queen who rules by birth right- because she's better than you- personifies democracy. Sure thing.

You're arrogance is exceded only by your ignorance. (Frightening, really.)

Face it- your queen and HER gov are just a couple more of Bush's Bitches.
    They'll continue to do has they're told, and they'll like it.

P.S. Don't send me anymore pm's - I'll never buy in to your slave mentality.
    No one is better than me; certainly not a leach that lives on welfare- even if some smuck(s) calls her "queen".

18. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Oh boy, a war where I am not involved.

I'm just gonna sit over here -------------------------------------------->x
    and let you 2 duke it out whilst I smoke a joint as big as a horse's leg.

19. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

#1 America isnt perfect, and will someday if not soon fall.
    #2 neither is scotland
    #3 neither is any of us in any country

yall start bitchin about eachothers countrys when you both live in iraq and lebanon.

20. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

She may not be better then him, but she decides what happens to his country so he respects her.

Not to mention G . W Bush really cares about YOUR opinion....ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.