legal problems with relationship between me (19) and a 16 yr old

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Tamee, Jan 13, 2005.

1. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

if he is mature enough to live on his own then he is mature enough to be dating a 19year old- His parents should realize that he is mature for his age and give you approval with no problems

2. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

This situation is all fucked up in my opionion(spell check) all i ever heard from my expierence is the male being the 19 old and the female being the 16 year old. This is totally blowing my mind that the parents have actually threatened you for statitory charges on there son. Really thats odd, maybe not other places but from Indiana its fucked up. There in indiana once yer 16 the fuckins on. Same here in Jax i think? Sorry just never heard that situation before

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

I agree.

Absolutely. Sometimes you can't win everyone over though. I have tried, though. I still do. I just get the feeling that they'd rather never speak to me than hear me try to get on their good side. Since he's been gone I've just tried to back away from them. I think it'd be best for me to just leave them alone until he turns 18 when there's not so much risk involved and maybe they'll be able to look towards me as a person and not just someone trying to "interfere" with their son's life. In the meantime I still write to him while he's away, try to give him strength and a creative mental outlet in that strange caged life. I'm the only one who writes to him besides them and I don't think his parents even want me to do that.
    Exactly.
    Yeah, I think it's just a major overreaction from two very powerful and overprotective parents.