legal problems with relationship between me (19) and a 16 yr old

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Tamee, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

I have a relationship with a 16 year old who's parents are NOT happy about it. They threaten me with statutory rape charges, but there's no proof that we've had sex so I don't think I have anything to worry about. Or do I? What do you think?

Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I know some states make provosions if the age difference is within a certain amount of years. Might want to find out.

I wouldn't trust something this important to any opinions I got here, I'd find out what the law says since they're the one's you have to worry about.

3. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

If you haven't had sex, what can they do? I don't know about where you are, but here 16 is the legal age...

4. Tamee

Tamee naked

you're absolutely right. the thing is, I'm not that worried about it. I thought about looking it up, but I don't think I will. I was just wondering what you thought. :)

5. Tamee

Tamee naked

well, we have had sex. ;) there's just no way his parents could prove it.

6. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Then I doubt you'll get in any trouble... :D

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

Yeah I don't think so either

8. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

As long as you're secretive about it, they can't really do much. Try not to get them worked up or they may go looking for reasons. Parents can have imaginations, and it can be bad.

9. flake

flake Member

Someone tell me this girl* isnt a fucking moron?

10. browneydgrl

browneydgrl Member

now, now...

but seriously, if the boy's parents really wanted to prove it, flake is right, there are definitely ways to prove two people have had sex.

11. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

I think the most that would happen is you will be a registered sex offender. I dont think I would approve of my 16 year old boy being with a 19 year old. Your a women and hes still just a boy-- just my opinion * But if you two are happy together then you might want to try to get along with the parents-- they never go away

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

She isn't a fucking moron.

Someone needs to get laid.. :rolleyes:

Dont get caught! :eek:

13. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

well, if the kid says you "forced" him to have sex with you and can describe what happened in detail and what your body looks like (scars, moles etc) ... then you could be in a world of shit.

14. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

that doesn't matter they'll asume you have and get away with it

15. Tamee

Tamee naked

yeah, I know that first-hand. I don't really have to worry about it for a long time, though. He's in juvenile detention and will probably stay there for a year.

16. Tamee

Tamee naked

of course there are ways. but, in our situation, there's no way his parents could know. If you think there is, please tell me.

17. Tamee

Tamee naked

oh of course. I have definitely tried to get along with his parents. I ate Thanksgiving pie with them and tried talking to them as much as I could. Sometimes I'd hang out with him at his house with his parents, watch movies and such. They never seemed to have a problem. Or if they did, they didn't voice it.
    About him being "still just a boy", I think that's circumstantial. Some people mature much faster than others. This "boy", when I met him, rented an apartment with one of his 19 yr old friends and worked a job from 6 am to 7 pm every day. I thought he was much older for the first month or so before I even bothered to ask him how old he was, an believe me, I was shocked.

18. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It depends on how pissed off they are and how rich they are (i.e. how much will they spend on lawers). You are an adult; if they tell you to leave their minor child alone, the law will back them up. It doesn't matter if you have had sex, it doesn't matter how mature this 16 year old is.

It does matter how far they are willing to go. If they want to, they can crush your relationship.

If their objections are about things other than your age, I recomend addressing their objections. In the long run (5+ yr) a relationship with him requires a relationship with them. Also, in 10 years, he will turn out a lot more like his parents that either of you think. It would be nice to see what you are getting into. (You will also resemble your parents in ways that you don't beleive right now.)

If you want a long term relationship with this young man, you need to get straight with his parents.

19. Tamee

Tamee naked

I understand all this, and yes, his parents are really rich. I know they could really fuck me if they wanted to. I don't believe they could actually crush the relationship from the inside. From the outside, yes definitely. They could make it look like the relationship is crushed. They could put me away, if that's a possibility, and think that the relationship is over, but if we decided to keep it, we still could.
    I understand that most people turn into their parents, but I really don't see how any of that matters. What's most important are the people in the relationship, not the parents.

20. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The point about people turning into their parents was that our parents are a part of what we are. They are not only a factor in our upbringing but also a social tie that does not wear off.

The main point of this is that the legal question is interesting, but your relationship with his parents is important to your relationship with their son. If you can change things so that there is peace between Mom, Dad and you, then you have a much better chance of a strong realtionship with Son.

The young man is not a person in isolation. (No one is.) Having a good realationship with him includes relations with his friends and family.