Leave Your Guns At The Door

Discussion in 'Back to the Garden' started by shameless_heifer, Oct 4, 2005.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

The Garden was created for people of likemindedness. For ones that are putting forth an effort to re-connect with past friends and 'family' members. It's a place where time has no place. Only the rythem of the heartbeat of an era past keeps the vibes flowing. Getting back to The Garden as we once knew it in that time of the evelution of the Spirit in Being.
    We of that era gain energy from the connection with the vibitory pools that brought us together in the changing cosmic flow of the 50's-70s.
    To give us a place to come and remanise, re-connect or engage in healthy discussion about events that took place in that time span is why we decided to open this forum.
    Although this is a free speach website, we will not tolerate disrespecting other members/posters. All rules that are in the agreement that you agreed to follow when you signed on the Hip Forums Website applys here as well. We as Moderators regain right to delete or ban at our disscression if we feel that someone is disrespecting others or the Mods themselves, we are people too so be EZ. We are here to keep the peace and give you a safe haven to come to.
    Unrelated topics aimed at disrupting the Garden will be deleted.
    Lets try to be adults here and keep the Garden clean so we can all breath fresh air and have a place to relax at the table and rap.

SH

2. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Well said,Shameless;) ;)

I love your natural healing remedies..
    Emiel

3. shameless_heifer

Brightest Blessings Amiel, nice to see your presents. Nature is always the kindest way, don't you think. :)
    in Light and Love
    sh

4. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Shameless Heifer, to begin with, thanks for informing me about Larry Keenan's Website-- he probably has what I'm looking for. I'll e-mail him and ask.

I do keep my guns at the door: a double-barreled 12 gauge LeFevre at the front door and a 30-06 Savage bolt-action at the rear. In recent years, coyotes have moved in, eating cats, lambs, pasture-born calves and generally making a nuisance of themselves. But, they're smart, don't howl much around here, and are secretive and elusive. I see their tracks, their dung and where they tore some animal to shreds, but haven't got a shot yet. I will.

Also, 2 years ago, I caught a guy robbing my pole-building where I had tools. I think I caught the prick on his second trip across my yard. I could have shot him at 40 yards (which, at worst, would have had him digging #5 shot out of his worthless ass for a week). But, I'm 58 and have lost a lot of my vengance-- I merely shot his tailgate. He damn near wrecked escaping in his pick-up, but he sure as hell hasn't been back. The little punk got over $400 worth of my best, most-used tools.

He was a lucky man-- I was actually sober at 4 A.M., mainly because I wanted to see my favorite movie, "Jeramiah Johnson", and had set the alarm to get up and watch it. If I had been drunk, I may very well have shot him.

Yes. My guns will stay at the door(s).

5. IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat Member

I love it.

6. IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat Member

ah just dig a hole in the back yard. and the truck sold at the local junk yard or better yet scrap metal.

7. shameless_heifer

Thudly, when you email Larry, tell him Wild Horses says hello, and I'm still waiting..lol

I loved your reply.

8. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

ShamelessHeifer, I will, and I'm going to do it now, before my 39 year-old girlfriend gives me a heart-attack. Jesus! I better realize my age--58-- and start acting my age; I am, after all, the father of 4 children and grandfather to 5. Here, in PA, it was a rainy day, couldn't do my stone-work, got paid, hit the liquor store, the beer distributor, the grocery store and picked up wild Dolores. They're calling for rain all weekend, which means vodka, bed, more vodka, more bed, and maybe finally THUDLY's heart gives out and his damaged soul ascends to the light. (I hope: I told my son which portions of "The Tibetian Book of the Dead" he must read, for two weeks.)

I did it for my dad; if he does it for me, I'll be greatly surprised. Then again-- my dad needed it; I probably don't.

But, eie, yie, eie! It can't hurt! (This last was Pennsylvanian Dutch-- another language, if you will.)

"Hey, vonce! Throw the horse over the fence some hay vonce, do you hear, now?"

9. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Aftermath, next day: We got 9" of rain within 24 hours, breaking a 4 month drought, flooding my basement two feet deep and causing my 20 year-younger girlfriend to get panicked and vodka-drunk. She hitch-hiked home in the steady down-pour, clutching her meagre bag of clothes after I informed her that I was too drunk to drive. Of course, I was draining that half-gallon, too.

Such is life in McMullen's Hollow, Geigertown, PA, in the year of our Lord,MMV.

10. THUDLY

THUDLY Member

Aftermath, two days later: two neighbors said their rain-gauges went up to 6 inches, and over-flowed. They poured out the rain, whereupon it filled-up again.

12 inches of rain in 24 hours.

Sure ended this drought.

Now, I need some lady to end my pussy drought: going on one year.

And, to think, I was once the stud of Bleecker Street. (And, Haight Street!)

Yah. They were younger days. I was young with a passion.

11. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

digging is still allowed as is scrap metal though intenseheat seems to have been bannished

12. dlo24844

dlo24844 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

May iove and peace be within you and around you always.And the stars of freedom shine forever in your mind. Stay high and stay free.

13. shameless_heifer

dlo,
    thank you for the blessings my friend, May the wind be at your back and the sun forever lighting your path.
    Blessed Be
    sh

14. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

hello shameless and thudly,
    love your posts. thudly your stories of coyotes reminds me of my parents. they had built a beautiful little ranch in northen nevada back in the 70's and had coyotes like crazy. my mom used to go out and shoot at them with her shotgun. she killed a rattlesnake one time in her garden too. i love living in the mountains. my husband and i are looking for land now to get out of this shitty city of sacramento, calif. nothing like living in the natural, growing some herb and just kicking back and chillin
    peace
    hippiewise

15. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Luckily my mom didn't kill things.

16. shameless_heifer

Hippiewise,
    I know how hard it is to lose livestock to coyote. Livin' off the land brings you to places where you never expected. Like having to kill other creatures, but to me it's them or my kids or my livestock that keeps our family alive. There is plenty of food for them inthe woods that surround us, they don't have to kill our food or attack our children.
    We have stock ponds that we raise our bait in and the mococines are deadly here. I have no problem shooting them at all, my grandbabies have to walk by one pond to get to my house from across the pasture.

When you live in nature you play by it's rules and sometimes that requires "killed or be killed" I guess some just have to experience it to understand how it is. I wish it wasnt like that at times but you do what you have to do to survive.
    I know there are some that don't belive in killing, but when you live off the land that is part of it, I suppose you could be a veggie or whatever, but it's hard to maintain the strenght to survive the hard work that it takes on just vegetables. WE raise and butcher our own meat and what we don't raise we hunt for. We raise our fruits, berries,grapes and veggies and can them. We do what we can to suppliment our fixed income.
    It's not an easy living but it's pure and it's wholesome. We live in peace and share our blessings. We harm none and we love our fellow man. We do the best we can with what we have, and we do alright. It's not for everyone but not much in life suits everyone.
    sh

17. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

guns are not natural.When you move into anothers territory be it injuns or coyots one should be respectful of the neighborhood and not kill it's inhabitants off.

18. Biida

Biida Member

One should also be respectful enough to call my people by a kinder title. I am not just an injun. I am a young woman with a rich native heritage.

19. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

that was meant to represent the old west mentality,when the white man moved in and killed everything that got in their way.Being of mixed blood(pops is full blooded) i wouldn't want to insult my ancesters.I just hate animals being slautered needlessly.

20. shameless_heifer

We each have to follow our own paths.
    I was wondering Gate if you were a vegen, or do you let someone else do your killing for you and buy your meat at the supermarket?!?
    Man has killed for food since they learned how to pick up a rock and throw it. It's a matter of survival. How do you think mankind has survived all this time. On Berries and rice, you eat what's in season. Someone very wise told me one time, as I was learning survival. To watch what the animals were eating, if they were not eating for lack of food, then eat the animals and use the skins for clothing and warmth. There is only so much food (veggies)availble in the winter months. What would you feed your children, would you let them cry into the darkness of night from hunger and cold, or would you
    trap a rabbit and nurish your children with it and use the skin to keep them warm.
    If you were suddenly in the middle of the wilderness and had to keep your family alive what would you do to survive. Could you survive and keep your kids/gkids alive.
    Think about it and be honest with yourself in your own heart.
    Your intent here is clear and always has been.
    sh