leaf-blowers

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, May 22, 2007.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

ok, this is my petty little gripe for the day: i hate leaf-blowers.

i mean, wtf? they are noisy and waste energy for what? so some yahoo can amble leisurely along without expending any effort to move a few bits of paper or leaves to the curb?

there's a guy out on the sidewalk now with a leaf blower, filling the entire neighborhood with its loud annoying buzz. ugh!

i have a marvelous idea: it's called a broom. or a rake. your choice. but it's a lot quieter and doesn't squander fossil fuel or electrical power on a stroll down the damn driveway.

2. mbworkrelated

mbworkrelated Banned

I don't think they caught on in the Uk - I can imagine they are very annoying.
    Maybe they need to be banned.edit: a brief investigation tells me they ARE banned in some places.

Maybe you could find out if there is a local ordinance or something

They seem pointless - well maybe not the ones that blow leafs out of guttering - they seem cool.

Zero Air Pollution:http://www.zapla.org/present/video.html

I just knew there would be a ''action group''

3. Daisie

Daisie Member

While out and about this weekend, I spotted an elderly man using a leaf blower to blow dirt and dust off his driveway... that's a bit excessive.
    I'm sure his neighbours love him.

4. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Every other friggin morning in my complex at about 7:30 a band of three illegals each with their own leafblower wander around pushing one fuckin leaf around, generally managing to blow it under my garage door. The sound is like a 747, and I'm sure they get paid by the hour, cause they ain't in no particular hurry.

5. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

kitty fabulous, you are so right. i am off work on tuesdays, so i sat home and got a nice buzz last night. at 9:30 this morning someone was using one around the apartment complex. needless to say, i was not a happy camper. that's why i am online now. the assholes woke me up. i will play with the computer until i am tired again.

6. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Ok, you convinced me. Who wants to buy my leaf blower? He's 18, he moved out shortly after his 18th birthday, but he comes back every few months or so. I'll let him go cheap.

7. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

yeah leaf blowers suck but snow blowers are cool. Like for old people who cant shovel their driveways

8. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

leaf blowers don't suck, they blow!

vacuums suck.

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Leaf blowers are the American way. If you give an American a choice between one that produces 100 dB and one that does 120 dB, they'll take the 120.

As Maxwell Smart once said, "Quiet is un-American". :)

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I couldn't imagine being without my leaf blower in the Fall.

With all the sugar maples in my backyard, the task ahead of me every autumn would be too daunting [​IMG]

Hotwater

11. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

They're kind of fun to screw around with, but yeah, I'm with ya---I hate when people are out with their leaf blowers for hours and hours on end. The noise really starts to get to you after about ten minutes.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

just another loud, attention demanding, substitute peanus extender.
    well, at least i don't think anyone's ever been killed with one,
    but then not that i'd be likely to know if they had.

=^^=
    .../\...