Law of attraction..thoughts? comments?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Formertechno34, Feb 15, 2009.

1. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

I know about Eckhart Tolle. People on this forum have repeatedly recommended his books to me. One of these days I'll probably check out his books.

2. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

There just might be some way to manifest that desire in your life...if that's something you truly desire.

3. Spiritchalist

Spiritchalist Member

Maybe you could teach CQC to people, or become a martial artist.

4. junco40

junco40 Member

The law of attraction is decent theory but most of the methods peddled that are supposed to make it actually work are pitifully deficient. If you seriously want to work with that mind over matter stuff you will make more progress learning and practicing some basics of classical and time tested spiritual practices. Chi Gung, Tibetan Buddhist, Iga ryu Ninja, or (if you can find them)authentic Native American practices all work and will get you further than the fluff being peddled in "The Secret" and its progeny. They are also lots more fun and will take you lots more places.
    Good luck.

5. jimrose

jimrose Member

Thinking one way or the other, you will just notice more of what you are thinking about than what you are not. Doesn't necessarily mean one or the other is happening more frequently, or for any such reason. You see what you want to see.

6. psychedelic goddess

psychedelic goddess ♥Messenger of Love♥

the law of attraction is real and valid, but i must agree with what some of you are saying here - there are so many subtle nuances to it all, the power of your word choices, whether you even believe in yourself enough, and karma definitely plays a role in it as well

another thing that alot of people fail to realize is that they raise all this energy, power and emotion, attach it to a vision or statement, and then never let go of it.........if you don't release the power you've raised it will not return and manifest on the physical plane - you can fashion the finest arrow, but it cannot hit the target until you release it.....i often find that this is where people frustrate themselves - they simply cannot let go of it and trust that everything will unfold as it should - they lack faith, whether it be in themselves or in a higher power, faith is lacking or it would be easy to let go and allow things to happen

i will say though, that "seeing what we want to see" is what reality is all about - the universe is mental