Law of attraction..thoughts? comments?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by Formertechno34, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

If u think positive, u attract positive and if u think negative, you attract negative.

2. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

Yes. Because God provides grace to those who are weak - i.e., pretty much everybody. Otherwise we would all end up in hell, wouldn't we? How many of us can peer into the depths of ultimate power and instantly throw aside our own unconscious fears? No, conquering the subconscious requires sometimes a lifetime and sometimes lifetimes.

If every tiny seed of fear became instantly manifested in our physical life...you see? So God needs to provide a buffer zone to allow us to overcome our fears - he needs to place limits on our powers of attraction comensurate with our degree of understanding and awareness. This is what spiritual growth is all about.

The law of attraction is basically and generally true, but it's only the tip of the iceberg, and there is so much more to learn. It requires exploring the spiritual dimension.

Ultimately and finally, when all fears and doubts are conquered, it would be as Jesus said: "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Rise up and be cast into the sea,' and it would come to pass as you have said."

3. MysteriousNight

MysteriousNight Member

I think the law of attraction is a real thing, but it depends on certain factors. I don't think it's possible to just think about wanting a million dollars or whatever one desires with out working for it. I think maybe karma may tie into the concept a little bit, too.

4. foxer

foxer Member

ah the law of attraction, good stuff. Focus on something and you will attract it. The big problem is focusing on what you want in the right way. Like debt, and people trying to use the law of attraction to help them get them selves out of it. Most times people will say to them selves over and over again "I am not in debt" or "I can get out of debt" when the key word is still "debt" your still focusing on being in it and your still attracting it. there is allot to say on useing the law in your favor. Books from Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen or a good book called The secret from Rhonda Byrne are good places to learn more about the law of attraction. So many people I hear talk about it always say its bull because they think that its just simply focusing on what you want. But its so much more than that. First you have to really know what it is you want. People think they know untill they get it, then they find out they dont want it anymore. Second you have to actually work on getting it. People watch that movie "what the bleep do we know" and think that they'er saying if you ask you shall receive and all of a sudden poof you have a new bike and so on. Its not magic. anyway good stuff:)

5. foxer

foxer Member

Im not sure "What the bleep do we know" is the right movie......idk something with bleep in it.....

6. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Other than being open and willing to receive I don't try to plan and attract anything. I prefer that which is already happening and I trust life to bring to me exactly what I need and what is in harmony with the greater whole. If it occurs to me intuitively to do a particular thing then I do it, but I don't try to impose my will. I'd rather go with the flow. I may at times make plans but they're mostly "in pencil" and very open to change. I only proceed with something if it feels intuitively right. Then I know that it's in harmony. Anything that comes from the thinking mind is disjointed and lacking and I don't trust that process to "manifest" anything worth manifesting.

7. Spiritchalist

Spiritchalist Member

It's a real thing, but it's hardly the "Law" of attraction.

Humans try to impose a very limited langauge and set of barriers upon everything, the 'law' of attraction included. It's so much more complex, and deffinitely not a linnear Good/Bad type thing.

8. The Frontier Bursts

The Frontier Bursts Member

i honestly don't think you can dream something up and just sit back and wait for it to happen. i'm all for the positive thinking aspect, but this 'the secret' business is way out of control. thinking positive is good for your mind and body (or so they tell us...), so do it. problem solving and negative thinking never go well together, so it makes sense to me.

9. zengizmo

However you can, and I can give you clear and dramatic examples from my own life where this has happened.

But it involves long stories...and it's late and I'm very drunk and tired.

But if you like I could try to elaborate when I'm in better shape.

You probably need to hear my stories, I'm thinking...

10. zengizmo

The goal, I think, is to find and trust what comes from beyond the "thinking mind." Intent is required to achieve anything with the life that is given to us. To find the intent we need at any given time/space in physical existence requires spiritual perception - some feeling of our spiritual goal in this life.

11. zengizmo

bluesafire, you have such beautiful and evocative pictures in your signature, which you are now changing so frequently.

All changes for a reason, I think, rapid though they are...

12. jenniferalou

jenniferalou Member

I have read somewhere before but I have forgotten
    where.

They say Law of Attraction is not just about thinking
    and what you want to attract will manifest in front of you.

LoA combine positive thinking AND taking consistent
    action at the same time.

And, while doing this the universe will somehow align
    itself to your goals (as a result of you taking consistent
    action)

Although the 1st part seems just about thinking, but
    the 2nd part of taking consistent action I think resonance
    with the "work hard & smart to succeed" concept. :)

Best Regards

Jenny

13. hippiepeece

hippiepeece Member

I guess you dont have anything to lose, well, except everything if you think the wrong way. It has appeared to work for me sometimes and other times i think it totally ignores me. Like say i wish to find money, i usually do. But I want to find a job, it just totally ignores me in that aspect even if i put in like 30 apps. You might think 'well if he always finds money why the hell does he need a job' nut i never find enough money to completely cover what i need.

14. zengizmo

Subconscious currents...

Just "a job?" But your spirit wants you to do something that fulfills your soul. What would that be? What do you love to do? Maybe you've missed an important detail in your visualizations. Maybe the spirits are waiting for you to see what it is you really want.

Money is helpful, but our immersion in our spiritual path - discovering who we really are - that's the goal.

What woud you do even if nobody paid you to do it?

15. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

yes and you are very smart to not believe the hype that "the secrete" has made. Yeah like just thinking about something will make it come true, not likely. if you want to get a job you have to go out and find one, just thinking about it wont help any. and when you do find a job it was because you filled out the application not because you were thinking about it!

16. Morning Bell

Morning Bell Member

I think the "Law of Attraction" is more of a think good, you will more than likely try to get good. I mean, like karma, is just the idea that if you do bad things, of course eventually bad things will get back to you - ie, piss off a lot of people being a douchebag and you'll get fucked over at some time.

Also, look up the idea of intrinsic properties of matter and philosophical panpsychism. Couple that with quantum entanglement and what not, and perhaps just thinking and hoping does have an effect on our lives. Perhaps our consciousness is very much more powerful than we know? Idk, I can elaborate on this more later...

17. includemymistake

includemymistake Member

there is too much talk on negativity/positivity.
    there is not enought talk about our perception on it and how it alters what we truly think is negative/positive.
    this a a filter of information that everyone has been receiving since young.
    you were taught at a young age the "yes" and "no" of life, and were taught life's "limitations". the only thing is... the mind is only willing to go as far as we may let it, and all of the restrictions that you have been force-fed through years takes on a true manifestation that is retrictive. itsd kind of like the ideology from the movie "Wanted".

"if noone ever told you bullets didn't go straight and asked you to hit the target (the target being around an object so that he must 'bend' the bullet) what would you do?"

as you can see, this example shows that our perception is 'bent' as far as we are willing to bend it.

Have any of you ever heard a song on the radio... and really went through the motions of really hearing and feeling the passion and moment of the song? suddenly this song stuck in your mind somehow just starts playing on the radio/ipod?

this is not a 'coincidence' its the "law of attraction", if that is what you wish to call it.

"the secret" is some capitalistic bullshit that is trying to make profit and spread the ever-needed demand for materialism in our society today.
    this really should be the theory of "motivation".
    we believe that things can't attract themselves to us mostly due to the fact that what we have been taught for centuries upon centuries has spun us into this repetition of forced ideas and limitations.

your mind goes as far as you are willing to push it,
    most just dont (and because of this can't) understand this idea and lifestyle.

the use of catalyctic drugs like lsd also propel this "law of attraction" into proper alignment, at least for me.

18. zengizmo

Of course, we can only visualize what we can believe in, and our beliefs are so largely taught to us from birth. And I won't even go into the karmic subconscious crippling we carry from previous lives...

And must strive to overcome. "If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Rise up and be cast into the sea,' and it would come to pass as you have said."

I always come back to this quotation, the words of Jesus. For this ideal to manifest, we need to overcome our intellectual limitations.

The greatest battle we will ever face is the battle with ourselves, to become who we truly are.

19. includemymistake

includemymistake Member

zengizmo,
    have you heard of Eckhart Tolle?

20. hippiepeece

hippiepeece Member

Well when I was younger I always wanted to be a pro wrestler. I would do that for free. Sounds corny but hey, thats just me.

Awesome author