United States of Politics in 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Mar 30, 2018.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Is it just me who thinks that just because a person didnt get killed doesnt necessarily mean they are a "survivor." I think you can be called a survivor if over half of the people die. Like in a plane crash. Not 17 out of 1200. Those others dont get a survivor badge.

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Well I guess like the RUMP you're a hypocrite and liar. MIght as well take back your statement made earlier.
    And you SUPPORT this anti-gun site! Bravo on you.
    Which gun sites do you visit? I'd like to inform them that you support our Liberal website that is against guns. :)
    Oh, wait, they already know you visit here, don't they?

And yes, I think I will post up a free banner or two linking to anti-gun sites here.
    And I dedicate them to you and all the other gun fanatics who hang out here. :)

Hey, I believe in freedom, even the freedom to own guns, but there should be far more limitations on who can have them, what they can have, and what kind of training course they must past (like getting a driver's license).

So those who are against ANY FORM of GUN control just because the NRA has brainwashed them into thinking they're gonna lose their guns, have no credibility here.

I've been around the world and the violence in this country is like a country constantly at war (with black people, Muslims and immigrants apparently). Guns only make the violence worse, with more innocents being slaughtered en masse.

This is a fucked up country, and gun culture is just one of many reasons why.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    scratcho and Meliai like this.
  3. machinist

Sigsauer.com

Gunmagwarehouse.com

Tikka.fi

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hmmmmm. Let's see. Adults=kids; Politicians=students; criticizing victims for speaking out about guns=criticizing politicians for their legislative positions on taxes, the environment, etc."Just like" it!

5. machinist

Im sure that the dedicated moderators you have on board that are pro gun would appreciate you plastering the place with anti gun propaganda.

6. machinist

Everytime I look youve edited your post. Its about three times longer than it was.

Your attitude that "this is a fucked up country" is soooooo typical. In fact there is a lot you should be grateful for for this country.

7. skip

Indeed, so why do you hang out and donate to HF?
    Are you here just to spread pro-gun propaganda?
    Cause it sure seems so. Are you being paid to do this?

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

There is a lot everyone should be grateful for for this country. Trump, the NR, Fox, and Laura Ingraham aren't among them of them!

scratcho, Kerri and skip like this.
  9. machinist

I donated to HF one time 8 years ago when I was 20 years old.

10. machinist

Im grateful for all of the above. Especially Trump and the NRA.

11. skip

So Machinist are you getting paid to post here or not?

Are you grateful for the Hipforums or not?

I'm grateful you donated and you post so much, even if I don't agree.

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Since the BBC is run by the civil service which is non party political, it is able to take a very independent stand. However, since the current chancellor can change their budget, the have to be careful not to piss him off too much, while at the same time ensuring that they do not get hammered after the next election.
    While I fully accept that we have had our fare share of idiots running the country, I still think that our system of democracy is envied throughout most of the world.

When they 'have a go' at the government, the BBC are normally just supporting the views of sane members of the public.

13. machinist

No Im not getting paid to post here.

Yes im grateful for hipforums

14. skip

Well that's good to hear. Though if you were paid, you wouldn't be the first.

If any member of HF is being paid to be here, for whatever reason, be informed that any kind of "promotion" for a product, website, political view, etc. is considered advertising and must be approved and paid for and comply with our rules for advertising on HF. If there is no ad contract, it may be considered spam (esp if repeated) and removed and member may be banned.

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

“Since Ingraham returned from vacation on April 9, total viewership of her program has averaged about 2.7 million (Monday through Thursday; Friday’s numbers are not available),” News Busters reported Monday. “Compare that to the ratings from March 26 through March 29, the Monday through Thursday just prior to the boycott: That week, Ingraham’s total viewership averaged 2.23 million. The increase in her ratings since the boycott began is more than 20 percent.”

So there's that part of the equation to take into account from all of this.

16. machinist

Yeap. And the sales for companies that didnt pull their sponsorship from the show went up.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep. Since coming here I have learned that for some their feelings of commerce and political beliefs are becoming intermingled. The example I watched was a thread about Chic-Fil-A. The comment was made that the poster wouldn't go there because of their political beliefs towards the gay community. Perfectly within their rights to do so. If they feel that strongly about a Chicken Sandwich, then maybe I need to take their approach in who gets my money.

I'd like to think we can shop without politics. But in todays times, it seems you must choose a side and wage war against the other side in all ways possible, including commerce. Its all out war to them.

I am behind the times I guess. I don't pay that much attention to politics. I pay more attention to the actions of people. Maybe the lines I always see around the Chic-Fil-As have nothing to do with the food and more to do with getting behind the company's beliefs. I never knew there was politics in Chic-Fil-A buyers. I'd rather just keep things simple and enjoy the food they offer.

So I am thrilled they have set the example for us to follow. I hope there will be no hard feelings. I will conduct interviews with all my potential money expenditures to determine if I agree with them politically first. Maybe my realtor should deny selling me the house I'm considering, because I may disagree with her politics. She should not gain that commission from someone that doesn't vote like her. I need to make a questionnaire up to make sure my thousands in commissions don't go to the wrong side.

*sigh*

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

voting with your dollar is one of the most effective ways to make change

I dont consider the political views of the head honchos within any given company, I care more about how they treat their workers and the environment...but large corporations spend a lot of money on lobbying so it does make sense to choose to give or not to give to a company if they are or arent aligned with your political beliefs

19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

K...wait.......is there something I missed? Show me where this site states that they are a Liberal website that is against guns. I just thought it was called Hip Forums. Members have personal views I get that. But is there a site specific statement that tells us the requirements to be a poster here? I didn't know you had to be a liberal anti gun person to be here.

Maybe Machinist should get his money refunded back? :)

machinist and farmerdon like this.
  20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Point understood. Will be profiling company political views more carefully from now on.