United States of Politics in 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

And I think newbie missed my point by a mile

It has nothing to do with left or right. Everything I said applies to anyone regardless of political belief

Freedom of speech only protects you from the government.

Laura Ingram is safe at FOX as long as she's bringing in the money. And she's safe from the government no matter what she says.

Its a simple concept.

I gotta go to bed why am I still here
    Zzzz

Okiefreak likes this.
  2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I don't think anyone is arguing whether or not what was done to Laura was legal. I think the premise is more philosophical. Is it really a just reaction to respond to a personal tweet not connected to the person's job by calling for companies to boycott her which will not only affect her but the people working for her?

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Thank god for the BBC.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't think any righties should be banned. I prefer to be amazed at their love for Blump, his methods and his lies that seem to never make a difference to millions. What will come out of Muellers quest is going to be that our "president"is indisputably crooked. We need the righties so as to keep up with their latest twists on defense of their glorious "leader."

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've never been one for philosophy, I don't think it matters if you find it just or not. My own personal opinion on the fairness of a high schooler's response to having his personal life publically attacked by a hateful middle aged media figure doesnt matter either. Bringing up his college rejections wasnt fair either but it didnt stop her. We can philosophize about whether it was "just" or not all day but it doesnt matter.

What does matter is calling for an boycott of a company is protected under freedom of speech . He had every right to call for a boycott and advertisers had every right to respond to the loss of revenue. And she had every right to say what she did too.

Speech has consequences. David Hogg's consequence is that FOX and other conservative outlets have dragged him through the mud. And Laura Ingram's consequence is everyone except the FOX News zombies think shes a giant ****.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    scratcho and Lynnbrown like this.
  6. Kerri

Kerri Members

What’s just is an individual choice. If you don’t think the criticism of child who survived a mass murder supported by the terrorist NRA was just then don’t support the boycott

scratcho and Meliai like this.
  7. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

You keep calling the NRA terrorists but I don't see the evidence for it.

8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

The NRA is a cult fringe terrorist group because Scientology has more members than the NRA and there are more people that believe that shapeshifting reptillians live underground.

9. Kerri

Kerri Members

I don’t need to prove it to you.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

That’s just like saying all the republicans who survived the baseball practice mass shooting shouldn’t be criticized either

Because

“They be victims!”

newbie-one and machinist like this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I didn't even know who Ingram was before this Hogg shit came along.

I don't watch cable news, and I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm not wasting >$70 a month on Cable TV.

Thanks to Hogg, gun sales rose just as high.

Seems that everything this kid touches, turns to shit

Toggle Almendro and machinist like this.
  12. machinist

Ive spent well over $2,000 on gun shit since valentines day and joined the NRA

13. machinist

Oh AND I quit using businesses that have taken an anti gun stance.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, I'm sure all those business are shaking in their boots too like ooooommmmmggggg we lost 2000 in 3 months. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Interesting. So like my Trump=-supporting friends: proud not to watch the news.Don't want to be confused by the facts. So where do you get your information from? Breitbart? InfoWars?

scratcho likes this.
  16. Kerri

Kerri Members

Lol right. Remington, while “shaking in their boots,” filed chapter 11 bankruptcy and Ingraham and lying Fox lost a ton of advertisers and revenue.

17. skip

skip Founder Administrator

We have an anti-gun stance here, so I guess we won't be seeing you around anymore.

Let's see you put your money where your mouth is...or do I need to start putting up anti-gun banners here first?

18. machinist

Put up as many anti gun banners as you want. Im a paid lifetime supporter from about 8 years ago. Trust me you will not be seeing another dime from me.

farmerdon likes this.
  19. machinist

Remington, despite being one of the largest manufacturers represented a small slice of a highly diversified market. The largest 4 gun manufacturers combined represent 5% of the market. Remingtons bankruptcy is just a natural result of a free market.

20. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Thank God for the Guardian! BBC has been too compromised by the gov't. (Although I do love Katty Kay!)
    Does the BBC criticize the gov't like it used to?

And there is no comparison between a Katty Kay and a Laura Ingraham.
    One a journalist the other a propaganda piece for the Rump and NRA.

scratcho and Kerri like this.