United States of Politics in 2018

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Mar 30, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perfect from Fox "news." Needled the Hogg boy and as of now, has lost 6 advertisers. Now she's apologizing--which is obvious bullshit. It's what Fox does--it's who they are--a direct arm of the republican party and the industrialists. If the Fairness Doctrine was RE-ADOPTED--- Fox would be right out of business. Nasty people with not a scruple one.

2. Kerri

Kerri Members

This is all true. There isn’t even a pretense of news with them. And Laura got just got pwned by a teenager

scratcho likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

And now they complain that they are being censored because all those advertises pull out. It's the exact thing the NRA encourages it's members to do. This company does not agree with our values so we should not associate our wallet with them. If enough of us do that that company will be sorry. It's nothing but people using their own freedoms. Sounds like the "free market" Republicans love so much working. It's not good for business to be associated with people who would rather call a young boy a communist actor than address the reality that he was in a horrible event that he will live with forever. The corporation has their share holders to think of. The market has found a problem in supporting Fox and it corrects itself.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    redshoes and scratcho like this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Says the folks on CNN intravenously ..

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Fox News knows all too well that nobody ever lost money underestimating the average intelligence of the American public. They've been spouting complete bullshit for decades, and making a fortune. If it ever catches up with them, someone will simply create a new "News" channel willing to give the public more of what they demand. That's entertainment.

scratcho likes this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I never watch CNN. PBS is what I watch. Falling in line with Blump , are you Orison? Sounds like Fox also. To each their own. However CNN has been on for a couple decades and they are JUST NOW selling fake news. I call horseshit.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

kid wants to be recognized as an adult, then when treated like an adult on the open stage, cries bully, peoplecott adverts, maybe those low test scores will land malcolb a job with cnn.
    funny how shooting survivors younger than boss hogg haven't been even heard supporting the 2nd amendment, probably because they are not cry baby sissies attention seeking media whores...

8. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

So where is the news?

9. wooleeheron

There is no such thing as news, when most of the population insists on plugging their ears and screaming, "I Can't Hear You!!!" Its all reality TV baby, and the revolution will not be televised.

ZenKarma and Okiefreak like this.
  10. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

Its hard to tell where the revolution is coming from, I think the election of Trump is a revolution against the status quo. I personally feel that Trump is doing all he can to strengthen our position in world trade. After all it is a business. Obama never had a job and was elected to run the largest economy on the planet. Where is the sense in that?

farmerdon likes this.
  11. wooleeheron

All any American has ever had to do, is refuse to vote. If they want to do more, they can simply walk out that door carrying a sign of "No Confidence in the System". Capitalism is all about pretending you have a vote and voice. They keep voting for whoever promises them the most. Sooner or later, it will catch up with them and the light bulb might come on dimly for awhile. The civil war was not about slavery, but the fact nobody was listening. The south just kept making demands and asking for special concessions, as the north continued to grow larger and more powerful. Today, they collect the lion's share of government subsidies, while ranting and raving about a culture of entitlement. You might as well try to do business with the Hatfields and the McCoys. Sooner or later, people will put a stop to their idiocy and they may very well live to regret their institutionalized Southern Baptist, KKK, Professional Wrestling aggressive nonsense once again.

Most people I know, are just hoping the country doesn't fall apart before the older republicans die off. Even their own children are disowning them and have abandoned church services en mass. As far as I'm concerned, all Babylonians might as well be fish helplessly flopping around in the sand whenever it comes to politics. That will change, but requires work like what I'm doing with my book. Somebody has to put it blunt terms a child can understand. Americans invented fundamentalism, and nobody like a linguist can throw your own crap right back in your face.

I make Zen masters look silly on a daily basis, and die-hard conservatives turn beet red with embarrassment.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  12. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

The problem is too much money in politics -- especially in the GOP. They don't care about the American people. They only care about who can fill their coffers.

The Democratic party only seems to represent special interests -- not necessarily the biggest donors. While Republicans are fighting for tax cuts for the wealthy, Democrats are fighting for illegal aliens and gays.

Nobody seems to be working for the middle class.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  13. wooleeheron

Money Brains

The problem is the money is doing all the driving,
    While everyone else is ducking!
    Nobody is fucking steering!
    And good candidates are impossible find,
    As reality TV becomes indistinguishable from life,
    And voters distrust anyone they've elected.
    Academics are doing most of the talking,
    But, according to their own findings,
    Nobody is ever listening!
    One in five Americans insists,
    The sun revolves around the earth.
    Money and brains, are an oxymoron!
    That's, somehow, simultaneously redundant!
    The redundant oxymoron of money on the brain!​

Idlewild likes this.
  14. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Good lyrics! :)

We're all unwilling passengers.

wooleeheron likes this.
  15. wooleeheron

I write this stuff all day long.
    More fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

16. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

For a living?

17. wooleeheron

I am a Warrior of the Rainbow and wandering Taoist, the first modern Wu Li master. Mother Nature sometimes talks to me in plain English, because I know her language. Ultimately, there is no distinction in quantum mechanics between energy and information, which are interchangeable, and my words express physics and the mathematics of nature. Without someone to read them, does a word actually make any sound? The answers abide within the sounds of silence, and the shadows beneath the light. For what's missing from this picture makes all the difference in the world. She is known by over half the world as, "The Mother of All", and modern science is about to discover her existence. Jungian Collective Unconscious, but with a wicked sense of tribal humor.

My job is to write poetry for my Rainbow Family, because the Tower of Babel is about to collapse again. Our poetry is all public domain and mathematical. But, they could try to copyright the mathematics of nature, sometime in the future, after they copyright your genes.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

corrupt government killed my bother, tried to take my rights to bare arms away.. change my mind why I should trust government..

19. wooleeheron

Corporations are not people, and governments are not people, they are flocks of chickens that will eat anything including each other. Do Not Trust Them, learn the humor of the chicken. Learn to laugh at yourself as if you didn't have a care in the world, and watch life gain a little more sparkle, as you accept that the lights are on, but nobody is home in government. You have to be smarter than a chicken and, sadly, Babylonians fail in that regard the more or less money they have. Poor people are conservative with resources, while the wealthy have better working memories.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The truth about this story is that if the advertisers didn't pull their ads, and she had a wave of supporters for her comments, she wouldn't have apologized.

Hard to say if she's truly contrite but my guess is, it's business as usual in the media.

scratcho likes this.