Latest word-Pemit Denied

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiestead, Jun 23, 2006.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

fine, lets examine these
    roads? we dont need any roads at all to get in & out of a gathering, roads are just used by the leos for increased harrassment since that allows them access by vehicle & horse
    we love the fs when they walk on in & hangout but, in the past theyve been driving in, & comming in in force on horseback, with wooden samarai swords strapped on aswell ad guns both the vehicles & horses tear up & compact the soil & vegitation as well as poluting (no fs has ebvver cleaned up the horseshit, its always up to us o bury it, & yes they have shit in delicate streams & even thesprings we use for water, so much for protecting public health)
    interesting, so, 1 road in is only a problem if your not a business? so, what they'll have a dozen helicopters on hand in case of fire?
    c'mon cant yasee the holes in this? both 1 & 2 cannot be true, if condition 1 is grounds for denial, conditiion 2 could not exist, since suposedly condition 2 exists condition 1 cannot be concidered appropriate grounds for denial since another group was approved for thesame area at the same time

2. free2fly

free2fly Members

Lol...

Well I'm flying out from North Carolina, this is my very first gathering, and I'll be damned if I'm going to turn around and go back! And Im sure every one here who has invested both time/money into traveling to Colorado for this gathering, agree...

(So, see yall there! :) )

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

At work: if this was posted, forgive
    from Denver Post:
    Rainbow campers get court hearings today
    By Brandon Lowrey
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    DenverPost.com

Steamboat Springs - Thousands of hippies gathering in a forest near Steamboat Springs won't be able to remain there legally, federal officials declared Thursday as they denied the group's belated application for a land-use permit.

A national task force has been scrambled to watch and cite those who take part in the Rainbow Family gathering, which has consisted of more than 2,000 peace-preachers and is expected to draw tens of thousands more. The Colorado State Patrol and local agencies statewide are set to contribute to the task force's ranks, said U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman Kim Vogel.

"We're not picking on innocent people," said Denise Ottaviano, a U.S. Forest Service spokeswoman who came to Steamboat Springs from Washington as part of the task force. "Everyone there is part of an illegal gathering."

Hundreds of those ticketed are set to appear before a federal magistrate in a makeshift courtroom today. The magistrate, manning the bench in a firehouse a few miles from the gathering site, could impose up to a $5,000 fine and six months of jail time on each defendant.

The permit application was declined because of a fire danger concern and the fact that the land on which the hippies are camping has been booked by other businesses or groups, officials said in a statement.

This may make surviving in the forest more difficult for the Rainbow Family, whose members depend on runs to grocery stores several miles away for food and supplies. And family members worry that the hassle and the citations may deter tens of thousands of others from joining them.

But otherwise, Ottaviano said, "it's not feasible for us to try to block out 20,000 people."

If the gathering were to reach that size, as it has in past years, it would match the entire population of Routt County in 2003 census data.

The task force had set up a checkpoint on a remote road near the gathering on Thursday, handing out warnings and citations.

On Tuesday, 15 forestry officials abandoned a checkpoint after more than 200 family members allegedly hurled sticks and rocks at them as officers barred the road. No one was injured or arrested.

Family members deny being violent, saying it would go against the group's message. Several said they told the authorities that they love them and sang the national anthem as they formed a circle around the officers, locking hands. The officers drew their weapons, and the family members eventually stepped aside, they said.

Rainbow Family members were scattered through a stretch of Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest about 30 miles north of Steamboat Springs, bordering a meadow where they hold prayer circles.

4. RouttCountyAlliance

RouttCountyAlliance Member

Let's re-cap of the only things I've ever posted (as a long time listener / first time caller) in this forum:

I guess I'm trying to deduct how you came to the conclusions that:

A. I'm proposing the gathering moves ("so just where do you purpose 2000 + people move to and set up a infrustructure in 7 days for 20,000 people??")

B. That I fear anything ("do you fear your allience cant be controlled?? do you fear your allince may become violent??")

C. That I am concerned with capitalizing on or care about any monetary benefit from this event ("cause i gaurantee ya a lot of folks have thru a shit pot load of green,, cash babylonian promisary notes,, whatever ya wanna call it to bringing we as a family together to celabrate..")

I know you've had a lot of time in front of the computer since you injured your back and that living vicariuosly through this forum helps you feel important and a part of the national gathering but I think your getting too paraniod.

I posted a solicited answer to a question and because of my name, you infer that I'm somehow against you? If my name was naked-kind-puppypuller-the wookie, would I have been more excepted by you?

Who knows.

What I do know, is that because of my name, you judged me and considered me a foe without any reason (except my appearance) which is exactly what you claim mainstream Babylon does to you - You're a sad product of your own angst.

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

man i aint judged you.. im bendin over backwards with my limited typin skills to articulate..

where have i judged you?? or yours??

so now once gain i get a inflamitory statement fer not quite articulating well..

seems to be the stream on this part of my world..

so ya want me to sy what???

what is it ya ,,err yer allience expects from me??

6. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Ahh, but your name does raise suspicion from many Rainbows; when you have dealt with the things that many of us here have, it is hard not to have defense mechanisms in place for anyone who may be connected with any law enforcement officials. And the name alone is not the only thing that will raise suspicion in any of the Rainbow forums, especially this time of year; attitude & subject matter count as well.

Please excuse HHB's posts if they bother you; he is simply being himself & we love him for it.

We for one are appreciative of the name you chose but it would be nice to know what your affilitiations are and what your intentions are as far as posting on HipForums....

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

well, hillbilly, the motor trails were closed thru Aug 20 ( as of a couple days ago) to keep the potential conflict of Rainbow and local at bay... so they are thinking about the best options in a situation.
    not that I agree with the refusal of the permit... having a senior moment...is this the east texas issue?

Can someone find Strawberry Springs on a topo in relation to the site? Strawberry has (private land) fire tribe gatherings on a consistent basis.

8. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

man i spent a week at strawberry when i was 20 ish,..

heheheheeheee... stop it im gonna cry again..

9. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Stop it HHB, you're gonna make us cry too; 17th anniversary almost here & we aren't Home to serve burritos & zuzu balls to our Family...
    [​IMG]

10. willow_11

willow_11 Member

Soaring Eagle, Myrrh says the accepted groups must be fire retardant lol

Your spirit always feels kind in the heart, brotherman. Glad you're comin' home! And you Ms. Free. Welcome Home! First gather is like first love. You will never forget it...

11. stalk

stalk Banned

kind of makes me sad
    that they give you guys so much shit.

I wonder what would happen if the government gave in
    and had a good time with you guys?

Ugh.
    Hope it works out, see you in the future.

12. free2fly

free2fly Members

Thanks, willow! Im looking forward to it :D

13. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

looks like i'll be delayed gettin home a coupledays..& really feel the need to be there today
    a really sweet sis on heres commin from tulsa to philly to get us (yea crazy i kno) & has had sum setbacks, soif anyone in philly area can give a lift to 3 in that direction & cut down on the miles & time shes headed away from home it't would be awesome, all packed & ready to head mon (oops thats 4 not 3) if not we'll be there 2 days later & lots poorer but we're commin

14. chime

chime Member

routt county alliance - you have a personal invitation to come to gathering with us. we would love to hug you, invite you into our circle, break bread with you, and listen to your opinions on all this crazy hippie shit. once you are home, and surrounded by the love, you'll understand why this is so important to us that we are willing to drive 2,000 just to be there. you'll realize this much better in person than sitting on a computer all day getting all bowed about about politics. forget what you think you know and just come be our family.

lovin you - chime