last night's mindfuck

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by junkyman420, Jan 6, 2005.

1. junkyman420

junkyman420 Member

hey whats up guys. ok, a strange occurence happened last night. i was smoking lots of pot with some friends at a house. we were on the deck and i had been thinking about and/or talking about something wicked. i wish i could remember what it was.

it is often a smokers' superstition to attaining a white lighter, perceiving it has a sign of bad luck or karma (does anyone also hear this?)

i dropped the lighter.

accidentally, of course. well, there was a street next to us, and about 30 yards away there was some car and a young teenage girl yells out "BAD KARMA!" and laughs and i'm pretty sure the car drove off at that point.

so...my question is, how does this happen?? more so, WHY? theres no way she even saw me/us. it was very dark and all. and things like this happen to me a LOT actually. maybe they are hallucinations. when i get stoned, i get kind of spiritual (its not always a choice) and very odd happenings come to me.

2. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

It's because you were smoking pot and got paranoid dude, forget about it. Your paranoid be-potted brain made a false connection between dropping the lighter and the "BAD KARMA" yell.

3. indiewelt

indiewelt Member

i dont know if theres a name for that caused that. but i know it was the same thing that caused randy johnson to accidently explode a pigeon with a fastball. just the way of things i suppose. its MAAAAD world

4. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

No that is completely different. Junkyman420 experienced a case of weed paranoia and placed significance on an insignificant though statistically improbably occurance. The big unit hitting that pigeon was statistically improbable in the extreme, but no one that I know of has placed spiritual significance on it. I now will draw your attention to Junkyman420's statement that these things happen when he "get stoned". More evidence that this was a case of weed paranoia.

It sounds kind of like a Sherlock Holmes mysterie "The Case of the Weed Paranoia"

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

She probably smelled the weed smoke, and yelled out "BAD KARMA" to fuck with you, because in our society it's percieved as wrong or bad to smoke. She probably said "bad karma" rather than anything else because stoners often have that eastern philisophical outlook on the world and are interested in karma, so she said it in a way you'd understand.

Or maybe she has great eyes and saw it all go down. More likely though is my above explanation coupled with enhanced ability to connect seperate events (even mistakenly), with a good dose of marijuana induced paranoia thrown in for good measure.

6. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I've heard of that white lighter thing to. The majority of my friends will not smoke with a white lighter which is stupid, considering Bic lighters that have that plastic covering on them are white underneath.

7. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

I had never heard that white lighter thing before, and i always strip the plastic off my bics when i remove the safety... talk about a mind fuck.

8. junkyman420

junkyman420 Member

im pretty sure it was weed paranoia, when i think back. it was probably all in my head.. :)

9. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

You can't control what the hell you are thinking when the mind puts 2 and 2 together. Lol.

10. azimuth

azimuth Member

The chick in the car was probably yelling at someone else. She probably didn't even see you.

Chill.

- azimuth