Lake claire community land trust

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by moonshyne, Feb 29, 2008.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I know some of you have visited this place. Apparently they have drum circles, potlucks and other various activities, but I just don't see myself paying them to let me drum or dance.

but if it's as nice as it seems, I'd like to check it out one childless weekend.

can anyone give me any experiences?

2. InfernoMunky

InfernoMunky Member

"No drugs or alcohol are allowed at the drum circle."
    is that even a drum circle... ever drum circle must have a joint or some shrooms or afew beers or a bottle of liquor.... :]

it does sound nice tho...

3. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

from what I've heard from various shady sources, if you are well behaved with you substance(s), and not flaunt it, they generally don't say anything to you.

I still wouldn't reccomment it though....drugs and alcohol tend to bring out the worst kind of people eventually.

4. zenguitar420

zenguitar420 Guest

sounds interesting - but not too hip. what kind of drum circle charges you AND bans 420? :) haha that's not a drum circle, that's a hustle. but im working on organizing a monthly jam session/drum circle/hippie meet up im scouting for locations now. and yeah it'll be FREE and no silly rules haha. as long as people are kynd, respectful and cool they'll be welcome.

5. sasquatchkitty

sasquatchkitty Member

The Lake Claire drum circle is amazing. The reason they tell you not to bring drugs/alcohol is because they don't want to attract those damn fake "hippies" that live in the city. There are plenty in Atlanta. I know because alot of them are friends of mine. When I went, there were plenty of people on the sidelines doin there own thing and they were never kicked out or talked down to. It's just that A) they will attract the attention of city officials if they don't have a sign and B) they don't want party kids to come out to the drum circle and ruin the fun by acting stupid. This is a city, and Atlanta doesn't have many true hippies anymore. The vibes are awesome, and I would recommend it for anyone coming to the ATL area.