Ladies, what attracts you to a man?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by ClearSkies, Jul 30, 2013.

1. ClearSkies

ClearSkies Member

Age old question I know but I am asking both out of curiosity as well as to see where I may need to improve myself as a guy. I do not have the greatest luck with women and the more I get rejected, the more it hinders me to try. When I have taken girls out on dates recently I'm never 100% sure what is expected. I've gotten to the point where I see women as just possible rejections. My confidence growing lower because of this lol.

But I digress, so ladies (or even gentlemen on here) what commonly attracts you to a man?

2. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

find a way to boost your confidence then.. u need that. lol. work out and shit like that..

anyway.. to answer your question.. physically.. i like a guy with a super hot smile... and guys with nice arms.. doesnt even have to be super muscular or anything.. just as long as they have nice arms.. i dunno im weird like that. and i guess nice eyes too. lol

and also guys who are smart.. and definatly guys who have actual goals, and ambitions. you know.. not the ones whos only goal in life is to get laid.. and get thier friends laid.. etc... met a few of those... they get boring real fast.. lol.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

What I'm attracted to wont be what the next woman is attracted to.

I have a soft spot for experts. It's an extension of smart, but goes into really knowing a field.
    I have male friends who are musicians, university professors, authors, sound engineers, computer engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, arborists, stage techs, lighting designers, artists.... I love being around people with the passion and ambition to be their absolute best.

Once I'm paying attention, be well spoken. Play with language, but don't sound like you never learned the rules.
    Be informed. Something outside the area of expertise.
    If you are a gamer, know something about current events. Sports guys, know something about history. Other than the year of the Goat curse.
    And etcetera.

Look like you can take care of yourself. Don't be sloppy, smelly or starved.

Genuinely like people. You don't have to like a lot of people, although some folks will, but genuinely like interacting with the people you chose in your life. Don't fake that.

Don't be playing a role. Be your authentic self in that moment.

4. bonita95

bonita95 Member

i like to think about marriage and so when i babysit for this singledad, i feel attracted to him cos hes very attractive and i can imagine being his wifey :eek: so when he's out i imagine being his wife lol.

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

My answers are the same as a few on here, but I'm going to chime in anyway.

*Intellect- smart without being a snooty know-it-all.

*Confidence-it has nothing to do with how you look. It's all about how you feel.

*Eye contact- this is a huge attraction for me. It shows me I have his full attention. I'm into that.

*Chivalry- a lot of women aren't into this that's days, but it gets MAJOR brownie points from me. I love a man with a tough exterior and a soft heart.

6. bonita95

bonita95 Member

how do you get a guy to do chivalry?

7. Spitfire67

Spitfire67 Guest

A man who is confident in himself. One who is not afraid to bust his ass working to provide for his family. I am in my 40's dating a man 20 years older than me and I am happier than I have ever been in my life. He shows me unconditional real love every day that we are together. So refreshing to have someone so secure in life at this point in my life. With the age gap we do have many things in common, from our political views down to what kind of music we enjoy.

8. *MAMA*

It's not really something you "get" him to do, per se. It's something he does because he respects you, and wants you to feel taken care of.

9. *MAMA*

I forgot one big one on my list

*Dancing- a man who can hold throw down on the dance floor is a major green light for me. Extra cool points if he can slow dance too.

10. ClearSkies

ClearSkies Member

Lol well I have the intellect down. Just need to work on confidence and ambition :p

11. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

Besides what I find physically attractive, a man's VOICE is really what I'm inclined to!!!
    (NO I do not like a Barry White deep voice, I hate that) -- I don't know how to describe it, but a certain type of voice, not feminine and not deep --- it's so important to me.

I also am attracted to how a man carries himself and how confident he is.

OHHHH and please...I can't stand when a man dresses like a bum. Put something decent on, care about yourself! ...smell good.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Intelligence and novelty of ideas. I love a man that can see through the masks of daily life. Also a man who can embrace emotions and care deeply for others.

Physically? I dunno. Don't have a type.

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I had a short conversation with one of my partners.

One thing that always gets my attention is how he can make me feel like I'm the only person in the world, even when I know he (or even we) are juggling a thousand things at once.
    There's this sense of presence in the moment that just rocks my world.

14. NikeGirl

NikeGirl Member

I like athletes, I like the jocks. I like tall thin muscular guys. I especially like basketball players. I like respectable clean cut guys. Short haircuts, college t-shirts, correct fitting jeans, clean new Nikes.

15. bonita95

bonita95 Member

my boss/bf is 6foot8 and and i never had been with such a huge man before. it helps with cuddle sitting seriously. just one knee is like a big seat.

16. Myndeye

Myndeye Member

I agree with a lot that's already been mentioned. What I can tell you has been a HUGE turn off, is men that have no modesty. Men that talk about themselves and try to sway your opinion in a favorable light. Men that are TRYING to impress and over-doing it. What's more attractive are men that can listen, ask questions that show he's attempting to get to know me as a person, and genuinely seem interested. Another turn off is men that talk about other women - "_____ is so hot" or "I used to date this girl that looked like _____"

17. Honeybuns

Honeybuns Member

I love a guy who is very down to earth. Not stuffy! I guess im more of a lower maintanance woman so i prefer the same in my men. Clean. Smell good. But dont go overboard with the matching clothing, perfect looking crap. Im attractive, clean and somewhat intelligent! Would want that in my man. I dont care for men that spend too much time working out. Theres a balance. Be healthy.. Not egomaniac. Haha

18. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

im a guy

but in my experience,, i've noticed women are attracted to one thing more than any other in a man:

their wallet

19. *MAMA*

Sounds shitty. SOME women are that way. Not all of us are gold diggers.

20. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

a lot of them are here though,, i live in florida