Ladies on the birth control patch...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by sweet_mama, May 18, 2004.

1. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Hi there! I just got my first bunch of BC patches (Ortho Evra) and I was just wondering if anyone else here was using them and if you could tell me what side effects you have endured? I have gotten a lot of help here with other issues (like NOT choosing the Depo shot) and so I figure you lovely ladies could help me out again. Thanks!!

2. thetaintedfae

thetaintedfae Member

I heard the patch dident work to well with some people. As for the Depo. Well I have been on it for a few years now. And so far I am fine. I was placed on it because of my anemia. And yeah I'm fine now but I do hear alot of people complain about Depo and how bad it is and the patchs and how they dont work to well. Not sure what to tell you. :(

3. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I have never used The Patch myself, but I too have heard accounts of women getting pregnant while using it. [​IMG] So I really wouldn't know about any side effects other than the possibility of a baby. lol

But regardless of that, good luck with them! :) Let us know how they work for you.

4. superNova

superNova Member

yeah the patch just baffles me. like, what if it falls off? and doesn't your skin start to feel all weird? and i'd have a lot harder time remembering something every 7 days than i do remembering something every day. but hey that's me :)

um but yeah i don't know about the side effects... sorry this really wasn't a useful post at all haha. :eek:

5. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

:( Ooh, that's scary...that would be the one side effect that I do not want right now, seeing that I have a 6 week old...hmmm...I will look into that. Thank you.

If anyone else knows anything about the patch, please let me know.

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Aww, I didn't mean to scare you! *hugs* The Patch DOES work for most women. :) Chances are you're one of those women who will have no problems with it. But it's proven to be faulty enough that I personally wouldn't solely depend on it.

7. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

shush fuzzy, that's not what she asked

I've heard that the patch is pretty much as effective as the pill. Yes, it might come off a little at the end but the effects are probably the same as forgetting to take your pill for an hour or two (everyone I know has forgotten it at some point in time). In theory, that's about 98% effective but due to human error it's probably a little less.

8. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I dont' have the power to censor you, just request that you don't hassle her with this. She asked about the birth control patch, not about birth control in general or any 'natural' methods. It would be like asking how to sew a button and being given information on how to use an embroidery machine - may be good to know, but not particularly relevant.