Kudos to SNL (Mental Illness Inclusion).

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Jimbee68, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't know if any of you know this. But Saturday Night Live on NBC has made it a habit, to have at least one mentally ill cast member every year. I don't know when the tradition started. But it has been going on for quite some time now. Good for them!

I don't know if you know this. But despite the fact that mentally ill are our neighbors, our family members, our workers, our fellow churchgoers, some people think they should be discriminated against. I don't have the exact full story on hand. But I just remembered after a mass shooting, they were interviewing some people. And I was listening to this one man (he was a professional in some field--again, I forget the details). Anyways, he said it is in fact our duty to discriminate against the mentally. Not just an option. Our duty (he said)! I think he was talking specifically about colleges. But the sentiment was still the same.

As I said, SNL by contrast apparently has no problem giving a hand up to the mentally ill members of our community.

:smile::smile::smile:

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i can't think of a worse discrimination than being forced to work for SNL.