Kratom For Weed "withdrawal"?

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by Cannabliss88, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I put withdrawal in quotations because I don't want to piss off people addicted to hard drugs but I get real irritable, can't sleep and wake up soaked in sweat sometimes.

This Kratom my good friend gave me is rocking my world but will it be a problem to take it for a week or two to ease my symptoms or would I find rebound effects after I cut that out.

I mean its just rocking my world right now like a cross between alcohol and empathogenics. I'm high but is this really a benign thing?

1 person likes this.
  2. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

So far it satisfies that craving for nighttime intoxication and removes my irritability. It is truly a blessing from Source and Mother Earth. I must be careful, however, to not take more than I need or too often lest a develop a worse habit. At least I don't have enogh to last me any longer than the cannabis WDs should possibly last.

I'll keep you posted on how it works for me. Has anyone else had experience with this wonderful herb?

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

withdrawing from cannabis.. ya sure..

kratom is some heavy shit. way stronger antagonist to the receptors than cannabis could ever be.. good luck there ..

4. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

@orison319

First of all it acts as an agonist on completely different receptors. The goal is to use it short term (I only have enough to do so) to help with sleep and irritability.

As for cannabis withdrawal syndrome, you should read up on it. I may be in the minority and it may be due to anxiety disorders I suffer from but anyone who knows me will tell you my mood swings can get intense and when I wake up drenched in sweat some nights during that first week I know its not all in my head.

I'm not trying to compare it to withdrawal from hard drugs but then again I don't believe in comparing one persons suffering to anothers. For me it kept my emotions level when I smoked every night and stopping is difficult for me.

So sue me. That's my story for whoever can or can't relate and I'll keep you all posted in case it ever helps anyone else in a similar situation along the way.

Edit: And yeah it would also be cool if anyone might know how risky it is in terms of addiction to take this every day for 2 weeks then stop.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

In the nicest possible way:

That's fucking stupid - taking opioids to ease weed withdrawal?

With weed it's more of a rebound effect than a withdrawal - enjoy the decreased need of sleep and the vivid awareness that you feel, it's like taking drugs by not taking drugs. You're sweating and everything because your body is no longer fighting heavy constant sedatian - you're just fine, turn the AC on or something - I'm drenched in sweat when I don't smoke too, even if I haven't smoked in years - it's because you don't have a calm baseline or slow metabolism.

Will you be a junkie after two weeks of playing kratom games? No. Are you messing with parts of your brain chemistry that are not so plastic and forgiving, and that have more potential to alter who you really are and what your baseline state is? Absolutely - and it's stupid.

If you have withdrawals so badly from such a non-addictive substance, why on earth would you fuck with a class of devestatingly addictive (to the point that people will happily ruin their lives, or DIE for them) substances?

If I have to explain where "cannabis withdrawal syndrome" comes from and why that made-up shit is repeated, you should not be smoking weed. But I can, if you need.

6. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

@RooRshack

I'm sure there's a rebound component to it but I never have nighsweats when I am smoking. I never get mood swings where I wanna punch people for saying the wrong thing.

We all have different brains and bodies so we all react differently to drugs and lack thereof. I don't care if you don't want to call it withdrawal or think its 100% harmless I know what I'm going through and I know the Kratom is helping.

I'm not worried about permanently altering my brain because I've read about the substance and know it doesn't do that. I'm more concerned about rebound or withdrawal effects from stopping the Kratom itself after 2 weeks.

I used to be one of those people who thought weed was all rainbows and butterflies with no drawback but that's just not so.

Anyway it would be cool if anyone knew more about Kratoms withdrawal potential after 2 weeks daily use or had similar experience but either way its an interesting conversation.

It fascinates me how easily people will get super defensive or confrontational the second the concept of cannabis withdrawal is brought up.

7. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

@RooRshack

I've been through this before so I know how its going to go. Yeah I'll deal with it and move on but it causes those nightsweats for a week to 10 days then it stops. After 3 weeks the irritability is almost completely gone.

Does it really matter weather or not we call that withdrawal? And I don't want to ask where the idea of weed withdrawal comes from because I know.

It comes from ant-drug propaganda but it also comes from real people like me, with underlying anxiety disorders, who go through a lot of fucking unpleasant shit when they stop. Yelling, cursing, crying, feeling like I'm loosing my mind at times...

And its not less need for sleep its the same need with less ability to get that sleep. Everyone's experience is different.

For me if a substance can make me feel like I'm not loosing my motherfucking mind for 2 weeks then I run out of it and stop its worth it. Speaking of which I think its getting to be that time of night right now...

Just remember the fact that we all have differences not only physically but mentally and whats easy and like a drug for one person can be one of the most difficult times for another and this applies no matter what substance or activity we're talking about.

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Actually, opioids DO perminantly alter your brain, including kratom. It's not oxycodone or anything, but it absolutely does, and can cause dependence on it's own. In most people it may not be a huge deal, but weed is not a huge deal for most people, either. Most people can use a LOT of weed and stop with pretty much no bad effects - there are effects, but they're mostly just needing less sleep and being really awake - I think if most people used and abused kratom like that, they WOULD have opioid withdrawal.

I'm guessing you also sweat a lot during the day, when you don't smoke - yeah, you have a nervous baseline, and you're used to being heavily sedated.

If it really causes such severe problems, weed is probably not something you should be using, especially not in the way you're using it. That would point to you using it in an escapist way, and that tends to make problems worse in the long run.

If you need a sedative, there are less psychoactive options - valerian root is a mild one, kava might help, etc. (no st john's wort.... it's also got nasty brain-chemistry effects, wish I never touched the shit).

9. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Thanks Roor it is good to have people like you who offer helpful advice.

I have underlying anxiety issues. But no, I only have the sweating problem the first ten days after quitting pot. Its an amazing herb but I had to stop

A couple times a month, once a week max is the only way for me these days

10. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I think every substance can be ok if its not abused. I was abusing cannabis. It was my fault not the herbs fault.

11. StewartMorrisonv

StewartMorrisonv Members

I have been using kratom for several months and I have no problems or negative effects.
    I have asthma and diabetes and because of this I always have unbearable pain and no treatment helps me until I have tried kratom. Maybe others have problems because they consume too much? I set a small daily dose and never consume more, even if I feel the body demands it.
    If anyone here needs more information about kratom then I can leave here a site that has helped me a lot so you can learn more about it here.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020