Kratom And Bladder Pain

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Hedgeclipper, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

OK so I've been using Kratom for around 5 years now. I really like it because it's relatively easy to maintain a healthy amount of usage and it's such a versatile drug. I first tried it when I was around 15 or 16 and then I went on to using other opiates. I nearly fell into a bad heroin addiction but I managed to quit before it became seriously problematic and then I stayed sober for around a year before I started using kratom again (but I haven't used any "hard" opiates for three years (besides a couple of percocets a couple of times))

I've really liked kratom because I have been able to do a large no more than once a month for several years with no problems. And I occasionally use a small dose in the morning to get extra stimulation on days where I need to get a lot of work done or I don't have time to get much sleep.

But lately I've noticed that I have to pee more frequently in general. And on the days that I use kratom (and moreso the next morning) I feel bladder pressure (similar to the bladder pain caused by ketamine, but not as intense) which doesn't go away when you pee. It feels kind of like I have to pee all the time, but a little bit more painful. It is more of a dull pressure than an acute pain at this point but it is still worrisome.

I don't know if the general frequent urination I experience is a result of kratom use, but I am fairly certain that the bladder pain is a kratom side effect because it shows up the next day and goes away around 3 days after I stop eating kratom. What is confusing is that I've been using kratom for such a long time and never experienced anything more than the subjective "hard to pee" feeling that comes with any opioid (and even then, only while I was high), so I'm wondering why this effect has only shown up recently.

Has anybody else had a similar effect? If so, what did you do about it?

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, but I do know that whenever I have used kratom, I felt like absolute shit the next day -- completely weak and lethargic. It seems to have a disproportionate body load to the effects it provides, which for me were not extravagant. It seems like there is too little known about the plant, and too little research that has been done on its long-term effects on organs like the liver and kidneys for me to want to use it on a regular basis.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Kidney issues?

Stones/ph issues?

Drink more water - within reason - if you always drink a whole lot, it can feel good to go easy a day or two - but try to stay flushed out.

1 person likes this.
  4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i would see a doctor

5. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

It sort of sounds like an enlarged prostate with frequent urination and incomplete elimination of the bladder. I'm not sure if Kratom can cause that or not. Maybe it's causing irritation of the bladder and/or the urinary tract.

1 person likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

sounds like kratom effects teh prostate in the same way Dxm or Ket does.. I wouldnt be abusing that shit. but a little retention during said use.. shouldnt be a problem unless abused.

7. happydude_60

Yeah, that's right. And it's always a good idea to drink plenty of water. It helps dilute things that could hurt your kidneys and flushes things out.

8. reesesncheese96

reesesncheese96 Members

Nothing in the makeup of Kratom would cause bladder irritation. You know you body better than anyone, and if you've noticed an issue concerning your bladder or urination than it's always best practice to consult with a licensed physician. There are countless items that may contribute to this issue ranging from food or drug intake to genetics.

Higher urination can be caused by certain food or liquid intake. It can also be an effect of high blood sugar levels which is often found in Type 1 and 2 Diabetics. Start with consulting your physician and work your way down. I would recommend documenting as much as possible before you forget anything. Remember, doctors are foul able humans as any of us are. Additionally, not every doctor is a master trouble shooter, so your documentation will help him or her to narrow down the issue.

9. Hedgeclipper

Yeah the problem only happens during or right after use. So I don't think it is really damaging my body, but it could in the long term. It didn't used to happen, but now it does. I think I'm going to have to stop using kratom for at least a few months.

10. happydude_60

Diabetes does cause increased urination, but it also causes a thirst that you wouldn't believe. I went through it before I was diagnosed with diabetes, and I was drinking 5-6 gallons of water per day at one point and urinating every 20 minutes. Plus my appetite was completely gone, as well as my energy to do anything but drink, piss and sleep. He didn't describe anything like this. I still suspect an enlarged prostate, and it could be linked to Kratom use. That's just my opinion. But I agree that he should seek medical help.

11. Hedgeclipper

Since I stopped drinking alcohol, my urination became a lot more infrequent.

But the frequent urination and bladder pressure only occurs when I take the kratom (and sometimes the next day as well). It doesn't happen in my life in general, just around the time that I take kratom.

I guess I gotta get a finger up my butt tho anyways ehh :(

12. happydude_60

Probably. I've seen ads for meds that can help with that, so it is a problem that can be treated. And it sounds like staying away from Kratom would be a good idea as well.

13. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Kratom has no known effects on the bladder, and we do know a lot about kratom and it's heavy users, as it has been used ethnobotanically for a very long time. Your issue is 99% unrelated to kratom. Might not even be a bladder issue, might be enlarged prostate as has been suggested. Seeing a doctor is in order, you shouldn't be having any kind of "bladder pain", you need a physical assessment and at least an ultrasound I imagine.

14. LivingALife

LivingALife Members

Sorry to hear that, I hope you figure out a solution!

15. Thedragunn

Thedragunn Newbie

Tags: