Kissing in dreams..

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Sunny Afternoon, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

What does kissing in a dream symbolize?

2. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

It might symbolise kissing. ^_^

3. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

lol. There's more to it than that, just wish I could find my dream books. >.<

4. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

To dream of kissing denotes a happy relationship, pleasures, personal obligations and long life. Also a new friend. A dream of kissing is an omen of good and shows love, peace and contentment if the kiss is of a gentle and loving manner from someone who is loved, but if the kiss is in any wise unwelcome, or from an illicit source, then you will suffer ill to your reputation or many small vexations to the spirit.

5. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I was kissing someone in my dreams the other night.. it was passionate and asked for.. what does that mean ?.

7. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

It is very difficult to name just a few possible interpretations for this dream. It is complex and complicated, and the interpretations vary with each dreamer and with the situations in the dream. A sexual dream may be about physical pleasure but it may also be about power, control, manipulation, virility, and effectiveness. It may be a form of wish-fulfillment or a memory. In most cases it is not a prediction of things to come in the near future. Freud believed that experiencing sexual pleasure in your dreams is always desire or wish-fulfillment. If you are watching other people having sex it may be a reflection on your emotional and mental concerns about sexual performance or interaction. The meaning depends on your emotional reactions to what is going on and on the general mood in the dream. I hope this may have helped a little.

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Really the best interpretations for any dream symolism is found within yourself, for it is your symbolism.... :D

9. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Thats the biggest load of bullshit i have ever read ... well apart from my own posts that is.

10. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Hey, you're good! Okay so mine was:

I dreamt that I was in a pub and this male friend of mine came back from the bar. I stood up out of my seat and just kissed him, he kissed back. When I pulled away and looked at a female friend of mine she told me she was ashamed.

11. madbeast

madbeast Member

i actually completely agree with this statement, i mean, iv beeninto dreams for a long long time now, and have a ton of dream books. it seems that for many things each book says something different when it comes to what sertain things symbolise. in reality each person and their mind are different and unique. just like the saying no one knows u better then urself, no one can really interperate ur dreams better then u can. they may give u guidelines ane ideas, but in reality u urself are the one to figure it out and know what it means. it took me a long time to realise this too, a lot of frustration and dream research lol

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Yeah thanks , it does. I realise dreams are partly the brains attempt to re organise or just make sense of the million or so things it stores up everyday.

but.....

I am thinking wish-fulfilment :p

13. paix

paix Senior Member

could it mean that you have feelings for this friend of yours? Maybe you like him and are afaid of what your friends will think if they knew?

Also, maybe you were thinking about them before you went to sleep, and that's just the way it manifested in the dream. That happens to me alot.

14. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Both of those seem like reasonable explainations. Thanks. :]