Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, dark comedy?

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by Mastermind, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Mastermind

Mastermind Member

Would you guys consider Kiss Kiss Bang Bang to be a dark comedy movie? I dunno it has its moments of sheer comedy IMO but also alot of suspense, mystery, some action... Val kilmer is pretty good in this movie and that surprised me, never was a fan except for his role as jim morrison in the doors, now that was another surprise right there. KKBB turned out to be a pleasant surprise, I'm glad I saw it. I'm thinking of doing their official contest right here, seems complicated at first, you have to reshoot a clip from the movie, but it might be fun to see what I can change, I was thinking of reshooting the scene with the robot suit, hehe.

linky http://www.kkbbcasting.com/

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I saw this movie last night. Um, yeah I guess you could say it was a dark comedy. Might be a stretch of the imagination but I see it.

It defiantly made me laugh a lot.

Anyways, I thought it was a very good movie. Much better then I expected.

3. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is post-modern Film Noir. It takes the classic Film Noir devices (character "types," stylized lighting and sets, etc.) and bends them into something else, in this case, humorously. The comedy is definitely on the dark side, and you could say it fits in with that genre as well, but the primary medium here is Noir.

That being said, I loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It was relatively unpretentious, and Val Kilmer was great (Gay Perry, LOL).

4. Mastermind

Mastermind Member

Noir, that word was on the tip of my tounge when watching and describing this movie. Yea I thought it was a great and IMO most definitely underrated. I picked up the dvd not long ago though if you haven't seen the special features give it a whirl sometime, some really interesting tid bits and interviews.

5. 5ynapse

5ynapse Member

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was a great film. I heard about it when it was in theatre's but it wasnt really near me so i didnt venture out to see it...big mistake! I rented the film a few nights ago and it was amazing. I was just completely entertained...and that hasnt happened in a while. I definitely urge anyone with 2 spare hours on their hands to go out and rent or buy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. You won't be disappointed :)