Kingdom Of Fear

Discussion in 'Books' started by Skratch, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Skratch

Skratch Member

anyone else like Hunter S. Thompson? I just got into his work and he is a pretty intresting dude.

2. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

yeah that's a good one.

I love his work, but a lot of people don't respect him because they've never read anything besides Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. Some don't even read the book, they judge on the movie. I think he's a one of a kind journalist. No one could ever copy or strive to be like him.

I found it best to skip around in the book at first. It's not like a big story, just a bunch put together.

One of my favorite parts is when he's talking about the guy he met in the library that had shackles on his feet.

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i agree with moechick. a lot of people like him because its the cool thing to do, because of all the drug refrences...they sadly miss the point, especially in fear and loathing.
    i read kingdom of fear when it first came out about 2 years ago i think...i loved it, he's brilliant.
    check out rum dairy, its fictional..very diffrent from most of his other books and its a great novel.

4. Gregonzo

Gregonzo Member

Yah, Long time fan I am of Hunter and the Gonzo writtings....I'm actually building a website for socio political discussion so please by all means check out the site http://www.webspawner.com/users/gregrwrightssite/ and submit something...

Peace and solidarity
    Greg (gregonzo)

5. Godot

Godot Member

I'm reading Hell's Angels right now. he's one of my favorites- his ability to get inside a story, his ballsy eloquence-he's a genius